• The KillerFrogs

2011 and 2012 schedules comparison

GothamFrog

I realize I'm getting ahead of myself with the 2011 season nearly upon us, however just for fun I ran an SOS comparison of TCU's schedule this year vs. next year based on the average 2011 pre-season ranking of TCU's opponents (from Massey Ratings website http://masseyratings.../cf/compare.htm). This year's average rank of D1 opponents (excluding Portland St) is 71. Next year the average is 53 (excluding Grambling St.), and I think thats pretty conservative based on recent weak performance of most of the Big East teams last year all having 4+ losses. Louisville Cincinatti, South Florida and Rutgers, all with an average ranking of 50 or worse currently, have all been top 25, and even top 10 programs, within the last few years.

The top half of our schedule is solid this year with Boise, Air Force, BYU, SDSU, Baylor and SMU. The big difference between this year and next year is the bottom half of our schedule: Wyoming, LA Monroe, Colorado St, UNLV, New Mexico vs. Syracuse, Cincinatti, SMU, Virginia and Rutgers. I think the schedule this year vs next year is very fitting considering the young talent on the team. Cant wait for this year and especially next year... Being in NYC, I'm excited to see TCU play nearby at UConn, Rutgers, Pitt and Syracuse.

2011 Schedule
Avg. Rank / Opponent
4 Boise St
33 Air Force
38 BYU
47 SDSU
60 Baylor
71 SMU
96 Wyoming
103 LA Monroe
105 Colorado State
106 UNLV