• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. DannyAdelante

Monday’s attire

Didn't Nike unveil new uniforms for the Rose Bowl after the 2010 season that were silver helmets, black jerseys and silver pants, and then the TCU community put so much pressure on Chris Del Conte that they switched to purple helmets and purple pants? LINK: Nike unveils new TCU uniform for Rose...
  2. DannyAdelante

Fire Gary

I did not expect the amount of agreement with the initial poster. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle. I don't think he should be fired, but I don't think he should keep doing things the way he's been doing them either. The one huge leap forward our program made was the offensive hirings before...
  3. DannyAdelante

Does TCU require vaccinations?

Your signature says: If social distancing works, why the need for masks? Because it is not possible to socially distance in all situations - on public transport, in a cab, in a store, in an elevator, etc. If masks work, why the need for vaccines? Because wearing a mask is inconvenient. If it's...
  4. DannyAdelante

FWST: TCU’s Patterson weighs in: ‘Unacceptable that racism of any kind still exists in 2020’

Cumbie's statement was really good. As was this from Garret Wallow.
  5. DannyAdelante

FWST: TCU’s Patterson weighs in: ‘Unacceptable that racism of any kind still exists in 2020’

I love Coach P, but this is just "meh". I mean, it's better than saying nothing, but it just seemed like a very vague, bland, inoffensive "racism is bad" speech that tries not to ruffle any feathers. He doesn't mention George Floyd by name. He doesn't mention police brutality. It sounded like a...
  6. DannyAdelante

Sad day for Boykin

Johnny Manziel slapped his girlfriend (a TCU student) so hard that it left her deaf in one ear for three and a half months, and he sounded like a serial abuser. He definitely went beyond "over partying and being immature"...
  7. DannyAdelante

FWST: ‘TCU was the perfect fit for me.’ Inside how TCU landed German QB Alexander Honig

German music is dominated by hip hop these days. There's a guy called Capital Bra who has had 16 Number 1 singles in the last TWO YEARS alone. The next closest all-time are The Beatles, with 12. Considering Honig is like 17, I think this would be more his cup of tea.
  8. DannyAdelante

ADJD’s BIG and NEW Game Day Announcements!

We haven't worn purple jerseys with black pants since 2014 against Minnesota. Each time the purple jersey has been worn since (10 times in total) it has always been with white pants. Personally, I would love to see the Purple/Purple/Purple combo, as I don't think it's been done before.
  9. DannyAdelante

ADJD’s BIG and NEW Game Day Announcements!

You can use Twitter on your computer too.
  10. DannyAdelante

Solid Verbal - Live Podcast in DFW on August 17th

Solid Verbal has probably my favorite college football podcast for the last two or three years, and they are doing a live College Football Fantasy Things podcast at the Alamo Drafthouse in Richardson on August 17th. I know a few people on this forum listen to it, so thought I'd let people know...
  11. DannyAdelante

Gameday in Fort Worth

From when they came to TCU in 2009, they made everyone aware that ESPN's parent company is Disney, and that even if the producers/whoever may think a sign is hilarious, they will make you take it down if they think their bosses will have an issue with it. Have to agree with the premise that...
  12. DannyAdelante

Highlights from last night

Here's part 1, which is the whole drive, without the crazy last two plays: Here's part 2, which is Jackson State' last two plays, plus TCU's opening drive:
  13. DannyAdelante

MSN - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: College Football Attendance Slipping

I don't think anything can beat a good gameday atmosphere at a well located stadium. I loved TCU's setup when I lived in Fort Worth. Made every home game for the season and a half that I lived there. I do understand why people would not want to go to games in person for some teams - I'm in...