• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU forward JaKobe Coles plans to enter the transfer portal

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU forward JaKobe Coles plans to enter the transfer portal

By Steven Johnson

FTW_MAC_TCUbasketballvBaylo%20(21)

TCU forward JaKobe Coles intends to enter the transfer portal.

Coles informed the Star-Telegram of his intentions to transfer on Wednesday morning. The Denton native averaged a career-high 10.0 points and 3.8 rebounds for the Horned Frogs this season while shooting 49 percent from the field and 42 percent from 3.

Coles started 11 of 31 games and was one of TCU’s more reliable options in the half court. Originally a transfer from Butler, Coles was the hero of last year’s NCAA Tournament when he lifted TCU to a first round victory over Arizona State with a buzzer beater.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article287137815.html#storylink=cpy

Also at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...lans-to-enter-the-transfer-portal/ar-BB1kE2RC

Last edited:
Coles is a good scorer, improved his three-point shooting to an excellent 42% and though he is not very quick/athletic he has a nose for the ball and rebounds. He was hampered through most of the season with planter fasciitis. I would like to see him back.

Coles and Miller were about tied in points per minute with Nelson close behind and Coles had the better shooting percentages.

Last edited:

Limey Frog

I just assume at this point that every college basketball team will be all one-year players every year, then every player will transfer again in April. I don't know why this so much worse in basketball than in football (which is already plenty bad) but it needs to be fixed very soon or college sports will become unwatchable. And, no, I'm not one of those people who wants coaches to have rights the players don't, or opposes pay-for-play, etc. Players need to be paid, and just like any other contract there should be some limits on the ability of one party to just walk away before the term expires.

It's pretty hard to give a crap about a team consisting entirely of guys who attend your school for at most two semesters, and who have also attended three others for that long or less.

The Bad Guy

I just assume at this point that every college basketball team will be all one-year players every year, then every player will transfer again in April. I don't know why this so much worse in basketball than in football (which is already plenty bad) but it needs to be fixed very soon or college sports will become unwatchable. And, no, I'm not one of those people who wants coaches to have rights the players don't, or opposes pay-for-play, etc. Players need to be paid, and just like any other contract there should be some limits on the ability of one party to just walk away before the term expires.

It's pretty hard to give a crap about a team consisting entirely of guys who attend your school for at most two semesters, and who have also attended three others for that long or less.

I can't imagine having my college career spread out over 3-4 schools. Doesn't sound like a great college experience to me.