• The KillerFrogs

Lampkin back in portal

FrogAbroad

This development is certainly surprising to most, and shocking to a few. It's a pretty far cry from the old "be true to you school" days that most of us old guys accepted as normal, natural and expected of us. But once we graduated (or otherwise departed) for the real world of real jobs for real money, I daresay most of us, on occasions, entertained offers from other companies to move ourselves to a different and (hopefully) better situation with a perceived better future. Some of us "transferred," some of us didn't. It was the way of the real world.

Well, it looks like that real world is increasingly being recognized by scholarship athletes who want (and in many cases, actually need) a greater return on their investment of time, effort and physical talent. It's a change most of us don't like...don't agree with...but in reality can't do anything about. About the only constant in life is change; it just never ceases as long as there is life. And what can we old farts do about it? Just bear with it, I reckon, shaking our heads because "it's different now" but, hopefully, avoiding the temptation to swear "by Godfrey it was different in my day!" Yes, it was different...maybe better, maybe not...but guys, It ain't our day any longer. Hang in there. It'll all work out one day.

Oh...and about that "be true" stuff...here ya go...

Last edited:

TooColdU

All That Nicksplat GIF by NickRewind

Can't see Eddie having much of an NBA career. Maybe he needs to make some money while he can. Maybe he will do OK in a foreign league post college.