• The KillerFrogs

Trent Dilfer: CFB "super league" within 18-24 months?

Toad Jones

Hopefully, some soul from the Big 10 realizes TCU will NOT be in the elite class and realize the only way to include TCU is to get them in the B1o. If that happens to be the cause of the rumor, I'll gladly accept. How is Baylor dealing with this?

froginaustin

Hopefully, some soul from the Big 10 realizes TCU will NOT be in the elite class and realize the only way to include TCU is to get them in the B1o. If that happens to be the cause of the rumor, I'll gladly accept. How is Baylor dealing with this?

Baylor?

Pizzing and moaning. Wailing and whining. At least on their free forum.

Limey Frog

I'm surprised how many people here want TCU to be a part of this [ Finebaum ] show that will destroy college sports.
I just don't want to be left out if all our rivals are in. Suppose, worst case scenario, the Big Ten and SEC break away, taking 8-10 members of the Big 12 into a superleague but leaving TCU. That would be terrible. If they just take six members of the ACC and leave everyone else to form a major college football D2 so that TCU was playing Baylor, Tech, K-State, Utah, Pitt, etc. I'd be fine with that.

DeuceBoogieNights

Presidents in the ACC and Big 12 voted to authorize their commissioners to adopt the future framework related to a new CFP, including a new revenue model and concepts around a playoff format — all of which will be part of a new contract with ESPN. Those with knowledge of the discussions spoke to Yahoo Sports under condition of anonymity.

P5, P4, and P3 are officially dead with this. Big 12 and ACC just going to accept being a lower tier conference. It was going to be hard enough, but with the revenue discrepancies it will basically be impossible. Saturdays are getting freed up. Fall Saturday weddings are back on boys.

Limey Frog

We already were second tier. The question is whether we can maintain a second tier status that is close enough to enable well-run programs to occasionally compete with first tier opposition. That remains to be seen. I'm not entirely pessimistic that it's impossible just because TCU football has been punching above it's weight class for so long, but I'm not especially optimistic either.

Limey Frog

I know you have to ham the things up to promote clocks for your podcast if you're this guy, but how long have we known that the financial payout wouldn't be even in this thing? If we distributed in units for games played the Big 12 might very easily get less than we just agreed to. We should accept two autobids for the same reason.

Maybe the Big Ten and SEC will eventually pull away and form their own thing, or just become impossible to complete with. That's still likely. But Yormark has done incredible work trying to keep the Big 12 in approximate striking distance. Again, the amazing thing isn't how far back we are, it's how much close to the two leaders and how much farther ahead anyone else we are compared to our position in July 2021. We had eight members and the bloody AAC was openly talking about picking teams to join SMU and Tulane.

I get why people say "no one ever tried to win third place," but if you know there's at least one guy in the race who is almost always faster than you, and at one point you're stuck in the pack feeling unsure you still have anything left for the final push, third feels awesome. TCU football is never going to be Alabama. We really need three things to be happy:

1. A football schedule every year with 11 interesting games against decent programs of similar stature. (Check)

2. Not to be left behind by all of our rivals--i.e. we're still with Baylor and Tech. (Check)

3. We have enough resources to punch above our weight class in our best years and get some memorable wins on the biggest stage. (*Lives in Michigan with a wardrobe of very much purple to see how people feel about TCU* check)

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
So, long story short, ESPN/Disney has just dictated who will be the Players, and who will be the also-rans with no shot at the prize. They just killed College Football.

Hoist your tankards, Gents. We've been kicked out of The Club. Screw 'em!

Toad Jones

Do you think the NCAA becomes history even though there will be teams without a conference? Speculate on a see what you come up with. I see a conference, a new conference, coming one day. One in Mexico, another in Italy, Germany, UK. We can beat the blue bloods and sports networks on this by forming an international conference and telling them what to do and how to act! It is, of course, a joke.)

This whole scenario has a few hundred problems coming. Yomark is clearly disgusted with the entire thing. He's a smart, SAVY man with experience outside of college football and has definite plans only to see them vanish. Usually, you will hear bits and pieces from the stadium drive folks, but in this case, it might be best to keep quiet for a bit and see some kind of direction other than speculations.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
Presidents in the ACC and Big 12 voted to authorize their commissioners to adopt the future framework related to a new CFP, including a new revenue model and concepts around a playoff format — all of which will be part of a new contract with ESPN. Those with knowledge of the discussions spoke to Yahoo Sports under condition of anonymity.

P5, P4, and P3 are officially dead with this. Big 12 and ACC just going to accept being a lower tier conference. It was going to be hard enough, but with the revenue discrepancies it will basically be impossible. Saturdays are getting freed up. Fall Saturday weddings are back on boys.
Frogs won the Rose Bowl on 0 revenue compared to Wisconsin. Access is the most important thing. I think the XII should take the 2 auto bids gleefully. There is plenty of $ to compete.

The only way the Big 12 and ACC should accept uneven revenue from the CFP should based on three conditions as much as possible. They should go public with the demands to get as much as possible. This is a bit idealistic but I sure would love to see congress get involved and clean up this mess.

1) The BIG and SEC must have uneven revenue distribution within their conferences. Vandy, Mississippi State, Northwestern, Indiana, and other middle and lower programs don’t deserve anymore revenue than the Big 12 or ACC.

2) Every conference champion needs to play one non conference game in a visitor stadium to qualify.
Neutral site games should not count.

3) No league champion of a specific league should be guaranteed a first round bye in the playoff.