• The KillerFrogs

RB Coach Anthony Jones to be hired by USC

Limey Frog

So higher cost of living for similar pay?
I get it. I wouldn't want to live in L.A., either. But if you're an upwardly mobile young college football coach there is no question that this job is an upgrade. TCU football has a lot going for it. But despite having been better than them on the field for nearly two decades at this point, we still aren't Southern Cal and we never will be; and we're not in the Big Ten and (probably) never will be.

What Up Toad

I get it. I wouldn't want to live in L.A., either. But if you're an upwardly mobile young college football coach there is no question that this job is an upgrade. TCU football has a lot going for it. But despite having been better than them on the field for nearly two decades at this point, we still aren't Southern Cal and we never will be; and we're not in the Big Ten and (probably) never will be.
He's also been interviewing fairly regularly for the NFL. This might be a short stop for him.

I hope he finds it worth paying at least a 12% state income tax rate with a limited deduction on his federal income tax bill. If we have another national protest situation like George Floyd, I would much rather be in Fort Worth than LA.

allclearforfrogs

I hope he finds it worth paying at least a 12% state income tax rate with a limited deduction on his federal income tax bill. If we have another national protest situation like George Floyd, I would much rather be in Fort Worth than LA.
Given what you've said, I wonder what makes people willing to pay so much to live there?

Given what you've said, I wonder what makes people willing to pay so much to live there?
Great climate and beautiful area. For some people like my father, they stay there because of prop 13. He bought his home in Ventura County in the late 80’s. They later froze his property value in the early 90’s. The modest maybe 2000 SQ foot home is now probably worth over a million but he pays property taxes on only a small part of it. With that being said, he hates how the state is run.