• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU at BYU MBB Preview

tetonfrog

So many misses point blank at the rim. Frustrating for sure. Wish we would try a zone look on D. We can’t stop dribble drives, which led to the help D & resulting open looks from 3 for BYU.

Hate to say it, but if this team makes the ncaas, it doesn’t make it out of the first weekend. Hope they can turn it around.

FroginBedford68

So many misses point blank at the rim. Frustrating for sure. Wish we would try a zone look on D. We can’t stop dribble drives, which led to the help D & resulting open looks from 3 for BYU.

Hate to say it, but if this team makes the ncaas, it doesn’t make it out of the first weekend. Hope they can turn it around.
I'm fearful the bubble has bursted....

FrogAbroad

A good coach -- athletics, profession, life, whatever -- identifies the strengths and weaknesses of team members and employs appropriate techniques in order to adequately prepare and motivate them for competitive events.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

MadFrog

A good coach -- athletics, profession, life, whatever -- identifies the strengths and weaknesses of team members and employs appropriate techniques in order to adequately prepare and motivate them for competitive events.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
I think JD is a good coach, but I think he knows he is not playing with a full deck. We don't have a big man that can compete against a good big man opponent. JD knows he has a walking turnover in Peavy. JD knows his opponents love it when Peavy shoots, especially a 3. JD knows his guards are turnover prone, especially Anderson. No other team throws the ball to their opponent like we do. JD recruited at Pitt, but he gets leftovers at TCU. That said, I do think JD's substitution choices are lousy. Like yesterday, Coles got hot, he hit a 3 and then stole the ball for a 2. What does JD do, he takes him out.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Social Media Falling GIF by ABC Network

Wog68

Speaking of staying too long, will O'Bannon get an NIL retirement after this year? I don't understand all these new rules.

Limey Frog

Bubble is deflated as of tonight....
Even if they make the tournament, how are they going to beat a good team when it matters? This team is worse than bad at this point, they're mentally weak and utterly self-destructive. They're good enough to get in position to win but for whatever reason just can't do it. Losing a game we led by ten with six minutes to play in Lubbock was poor. The shooting performance against Baylor was worse than poor. Getting out scored by 32 in Provo after leading by 17 at halftime is just beyond all reason. Categorically, if you do that you aren't a good team. We left our season in Lubbock and we're not getting it back. This team is cooked.

Last edited: