• The KillerFrogs

Benedict Patterson!

froginmn

Harbaugh at Stanford. Stoops at OU. Hawkins at Boise. Harsin at Boise. Briles at Baylor. Snyder at KState. Kelly at Oregon. Carroll at USC. Alvarez at WhizzConsin. Franklin at Vandy. Swinney at Clemson. Fickell at Cincy. Schnellenburger/JJ at Miami.

Did Gary do a great job here? For sure, until he didn’t. But the, “Only Gary,” refrain is silly, and it ultimately probably contributed to his demise.
Not sure what point you're trying to make with that list. If it's "there are about ten coaches who revived dormant football programs over the last forty years", that seems a pretty big endorsement of Gary when you consider how many guys have been hired by dormant programs over that time.

Nobody is claiming he's the only guy who could do it; I'm saying he's the guy who DID it.

OICU812

Not sure what point you're trying to make with that list. If it's "there are about ten coaches who revived dormant football programs over the last forty years", that seems a pretty big endorsement of Gary when you consider how many guys have been hired by dormant programs over that time.

Nobody is claiming he's the only guy who could do it; I'm saying he's the guy who DID it.
With the exception of Miami those are all guys who did it during Gary’s tenure, not the last 40 years, and the list is far from complete. Those are just the guys I could name off the top of my head.
It’s kinda hard to understand you saying, “Nobody’s claiming he’s the only guy who could do it,” when for years on this site there’s been a lot of people claiming EXACTLY that. Maybe you missed those threads.

Limey Frog

In practical terms, being the guy who did do it when no one else did amounts to the same thing as being the only one who could have done sit. Kyle Whittingham is the only other coach to have achieved anything like it anywhere else.

LisaLT

He uses all caps due to vision issues, relax.
And I like it. Especially if I've had a few drinks during one of our glorious sporting events. Makes it easier to read.
drunk GIF