• The KillerFrogs

Benedict Patterson!

OICU812

Which two teams/programs/universities does the entire TCU ecosystem find absolutely most despicable? UT, and Baylor. Is it mere coincidence that Gary sought out gigs at those two places? If BU doesn’t work out is he looking next at aggy?

Last edited:

Limey Frog

Which two teams/programs/universities does the entire TCU ecosystem find absolutely most despicable? UT, and Baylor. Is it mere coincidence that Gary sought out gigs at those two places?
After his years at TCU it's the Big 12, and state of Texas especially, where he has relationships, is respected, and best understands the business/game. It's no surprise that if he wants to take analyst positions of this type that TCU's biggest rivals are the places he'll land. No, it isn't a coincidence, but not in the way you're suggesting. He's not doing this to upset us and we shouldn't be upset. He's doing it to try and land a good HC gig, which I think highly unlikely and he shouldn't do it because he has almost no chance of eventually proving the point he seems hell-bent on proving.

OICU812

After his years at TCU it's the Big 12, and state of Texas especially, where he has relationships, is respected, and best understands the business/game. It's no surprise that if he wants to take analyst positions of this type that TCU's biggest rivals are the places he'll land. No, it isn't a coincidence, but not in the way you're suggesting. He's not doing this to upset us and we shouldn't be upset. He's doing it to try and land a good HC gig, which I think highly unlikely and he shouldn't do it because he has almost no chance of eventually proving the point he seems hell-bent on proving.
OU, Ok St, UH, TT, Tulsa, TX St, UTSA, LSU, La Tech, KU, K St, Nebraska, Arkie, all would be schools in his orbit that wouldn’t seem nearly so weird.

ShreveFrog

OU, Ok St, UH, TT, Tulsa, TX St, UTSA, LSU, La Tech, KU, K St, Nebraska, Arkie, all would be schools in his orbit that wouldn’t seem nearly so weird.
Well, are those schools A) offering GP a gig and B) could they have an HC opening soon? Those seem to be the requirements.

HG73

Fans saying Patterson is a traitor should get off their high horse and realize, TCU fired him. Who betrayed whom?
He was fired because of his record among other things. Hope he finds a HC job soon. In another conference. I would root for him. But not at baylor. Or texas.

Frogs1983

Like it or not, GP rebuilt TCU football, won the Rose Bowl, which got ACS rebuilt, which helped get TCU into the Big 12. If he hadn't come along, where would TCU be now?

I remember coming to TCU games in the early 80s, it was pitiful. Nobody cared, TCU never went to bowl games.

So when I get down about the TCU football program, I just think about where TCU was and where we are now. If GP wants to go help another program even BAILURE, so be it. He has that right. It doesn't bother me one bit. TCU fans are spoiled and have a short memory. They should remember who got them to where they are today and be grateful we are NOT SMU.
Yes, it was solely Gary Patterson, and nobody else, that got TCU to where they are today!

I have been around TCU football since the early 70's,so I have seen "the other side", and him going to Baylor "bothers" the hell out of me( and many others I would bet)!

OICU812

Without him doing what he did nobody else would have ever had the opportunity to do their part in his system. There’s a reason all the money people and insiders made the choice to put a statue of the man outside the stadium even when he did not want them to do so.
That’s a little different than the story Gary tells. He says it was about honoring the wishes of one man, who was afraid he otherwise wouldn’t live to see it. . .
I personally don’t buy into the Gary as Messiah belief that without him TCU would be nothing. I believe that gives dramatically short shrift to the legions of TCU folks who went “all in,” to make it happen.
And there’s probably nothing I’ve ever seen that a diva loves more, than being, “forced to accept,” fan adulation.