• The KillerFrogs

Benedict Patterson!

HFrog1999

I will always admire GP. He is our ball coach and the best in school history. He is a legend. The statue stays.

If he wants to coach Gaylor, fine. But it’s a poor move on his part. He knows the optics and the reaction. He should coach literally anywhere else. He knows exactly what he’s doing and what the result will be. That’s sad to me.

I don’t have any hard feelings. I’m not upset or angry. But if he roams a Baylor sideline in yellow it will gross me out.

TL;DR

AroundWorldFrog

I will always admire GP. He is our ball coach and the best in school history. He is a legend. The statue stays.

If he wants to coach Gaylor, fine. But it’s a poor move on his part. He knows the optics and the reaction. He should coach literally anywhere else. He knows exactly what he’s doing and what the result will be. That’s sad to me.

I don’t have any hard feelings. I’m not upset or angry. But if he roams a Baylor sideline in yellow it will gross me out.
TLDR

Don Sanders

Gary is a lonely unfilled person! Working for BU and UT, proves that he is petty and insecure.
Take his statue down and ship it ot Waco.

Toad Jones

Can't hate Gary, no matter what he does, but this is sure a disappointment. Does he really need money that much?
Apparently, and he's bored. Still very active with experience and raring to be a contributing coach. I understand his motives. His decision could have been Rice, Houston, but was Baylor. Gary still has in the back of his mind, a job as a HC at P5. He hasn't received many job offers yet, which makes him very nervous and makes him very scared.
The job says senior consultant, that’s a long way from a head coach job, but he does have the opportunity to be around college football once again. I hate to think, but the chances of being a HC won't happen if he hasn't happened before now. It's tough on him and I wouldn't want to be in his shoes trying to make another go of it at this point and not getting any interest. So...I wouldn't make too much of this, and he can probably help Baylor. How much depends on Baylor's talent. To me, it sounds like a couple of alumni have said to Dave, you need help, get Patterson, he's available and willing,. So he did.

BTW, TCU will not remove a statue of Gary Patterson, the school and many of us believe we owe him a lot for being our coach for twenty years.

Last edited:

Double D

Tier 1
Like it or not, GP rebuilt TCU football, won the Rose Bowl, which got ACS rebuilt, which helped get TCU into the Big 12. If he hadn't come along, where would TCU be now?

I remember coming to TCU games in the early 80s, it was pitiful. Nobody cared, TCU never went to bowl games.

So when I get down about the TCU football program, I just think about where TCU was and where we are now. If GP wants to go help another program even BAILURE, so be it. He has that right. It doesn't bother me one bit. TCU fans are spoiled and have a short memory. They should remember who got them to where they are today and be grateful we are NOT SMU.