• The KillerFrogs

This NFL "reporter" might want to change professions

OICU812

Here's how he handled a couple of reporters who tried to get a race quote out of him. He's become my new favorite NFL head coach:

Pretty sure the woman who asked him the follow-up race question is the same one who asked about the weather. Maybe a Tampa network affiliate? Otherwise idk how he would ever want to acknowledge her twice.

Nick Danger

Many of you may remember this but way back in 1995, Mickey Mantle was diagnosed with liver cancer, which required a controversial liver transplant at Baylor Medical Center in Dallas.

Because of Mantle's notoriety and the controversial nature of the transplant, there was significant public interest, both inside and outside the sports world, in the event, which resulted in an infamous press conference in Dallas, just after the transplant.

I say "infamous" because of a similar "Doh!" moment during the press conference, when a similarly clueless sports reporter asked the Baylor physicians present "if the liver donor was still alive" :confused:, apparently hoping to interview them for a future story!

Last edited:

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
And nobody in that room laughed? Bowles must think the entire sports media are dumbasses.
This smells of the reporter who usually covers general news being asked to go cover sports because it’s the big story in town. She probably covers ATM thefts and courtrooms and was told to go down there. And in that case, be quiet and let others ask questions.

FrogCop19

Bring back…. MAX Headroom !
haunting 80's GIF by absurdnoise

Frog DJ

This smells of the reporter who usually covers general news being asked to go cover sports because it’s the big story in town. She probably covers ATM thefts and courtrooms and was told to go down there. And in that case, be quiet and let others ask questions.
Sadly, most TV reporters these days are hired for how good they can look, not how well they can think.

I agree with 45 that this is probably a street reporter being asked to do something out their primary beat.

One thing I learned early on was to pay attention to the questions posed by people like Blackie Sherrod and Pat Truly.

Then, fashion my own questions in the shadow of those examples. Over time, maybe some of their wisdom would rub off on me.

Go Frogs!