• The KillerFrogs

New Staff question

Chongo94

I don’t follow the coaching ranks well enough so I really don’t know much of anything of this potential new staff aside from Kaz.

Could anyone that really follows this stuff with some knowledge explain the strengths of this purported staff? And I’m not trolling, I honestly don’t know enough about these guys is all.

I know SMU had a good offense because of Dykes and his OC and I’m assuming we may get their OC as well so that’s nice but what of these other coaches coming over? Are they known as recruiters or what? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Wexahu

I don’t follow the coaching ranks well enough so I really don’t know much of anything of this potential new staff aside from Kaz.

Could anyone that really follows this stuff with some knowledge explain the strengths of this purported staff? And I’m not trolling, I honestly don’t know enough about these guys is all.

I know SMU had a good offense because of Dykes and his OC and I’m assuming we may get their OC as well so that’s nice but what of these other coaches coming over? Are they known as recruiters or what? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
Gru has been with Dykes his entire coaching career. Played for him at La Tech. Don’t really know his coaching chops tbh.

Samples is known as an ace recruiter who has tons of connections in DFW through his family, dad is a longtime DISD coach who is now at Duncanville.

Don’t know anything about the D-line guy.

Chongo94

Gru has been with Dykes his entire coaching career. Played for him at La Tech. Don’t really know his coaching chops tbh.

Samples is known as an ace recruiter who has tons of connections in DFW through his family, dad is a longtime DISD coach who is now at Duncanville.

Ahhh that explains the Samples comments I kept seeing, gracias.

CryptoMiner

Gru came to TCU as an analyst with Dykes in 2017 and showed some really good potential here after his stop in California. Worked out well at SMU.

CryptoMiner

Y’all are going to love the new S&C coach...

View attachment 10264

The guy is a master at developing players. “I want to do no harm. That’s someone’s son or daughter,” Kazadi says when describing what’s most important to him as a coach. “So, I have a ‘no surprise rule’ with my athletes.”

His "no surprise rule" is he wants to know about a person's complete health background as well as what they are going through on a personal level. Sure he was at Baylor, but also with the Chiefs, at Missouri, assisted at the Cowboys, was at South Florida and other stops along the wand earned high praises at each level.

D-BGYNOXsAYv0B-

TCUWIN

I did some looking because I had the same questions. Gru is highly praised for his development of the receivers over the past several years at SMU. Samples, as stated earlier, is highly recognized as a top recruiter and has been credited with some really nice recruiting classes. And heard he is a really good RB coach. Was assistant head coach so must be highly thought of as a coach to give him that title at a relative young age. The DL coach (not going to attempt to spell his name) is also very well-thought of and young. I wonder if Riley, the OC, comes or if Dykes hires another one. Graham Harrell was mentioned yesterday. He is obviously well-thought of in Texas as his dad was a long time Ennis head coach. His brothers are head coaches at Athens and another school in East Texas. And mentioned with him was the OL coach from USC who, if I remember correctly, had been an OL coach at Air Force. Other than that, I don’t know anything.