• The KillerFrogs

DMN: TCU to have a ‘major announcement’, will reportedly name Saarloos

CryptoMiner

Which part? Because I know the first part is true (at least the part about the exit interview)

I will butt in if I may:

Because:

1. there was no formal “exit interview”

2. “did not fully endorse” does not equate to “tried to blame”

Blame for what? Early exit at the regionals? That definitely was not talked about so what was he pointing fingers at Kirk about?

tcudoc

I know and like Clint, I just don’t entirely agree with him.

I’m completely fine with the Saarloos hire.

However, I think donati navigated 2020, particularly the first 2/3 of baseball season like a total pansy.
It’s easy to throw stones, but on polarizing issues such as what you’re talking about, it is a tightrope walk that is very delicate. No matter what route you go, you risk alienating 50% of the group you serve.
You can’t understand it until you have had to navigate those waters.
I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on most issues.

Pharm Frog

It’s becoming clear to me that some people in this thread are getting their info from Kirk/Kirk supporters and others are getting theirs from Jim/JD/admin. It’s why we have some disagreements on what actually happened.

And it no longer matters at all. All that matters is improving the talent, acquiring additional talent (player and coach) and winning more ballgames.

Ron Swanson

It’s becoming clear to me that some people in this thread are getting their info from Kirk/Kirk supporters and others are getting theirs from Jim/JD/admin. It’s why we have some disagreements on what actually happened.
tenor.gif

FrogAbroad

what? nobody waits until after the previous person leaves to create or interview "the list" in the real world - sorry. Every quarter we do succession planning on both Boards I sit on which includes not only refreshing the list but having direct discussions with any additions - internal or external. And the list isn't some "wish list" of cool names - it is always people that we have talked to and vetted for fit and interest. Plus it is already prioritized - C levels roles don't directly compete against each other for open positions - if you told one you had others to interview and would get back to them - they would tell you to shove it.

Final interviews and board approvals are rubber stamps if your succession planning team did their job every day instead of waiting until the crap hits the fan to figure it out.
Well, actually, some DO wait until the corner office is vacated to begin their search for a worthy replacement. I served for several years on a BoT that, as a group, failed or refused to recognize the importance of succession planning and the results ranged from "we really messed up" to "boy, were we lucky." Currently one of the better CEOs that BoT hired is planning retirement in another 2½ years and has announced those intentions to the BoT. After about a year they've almost finished compiling their ideas about how to name a search committee. Some folks, it seems, are really slow learners.

LRBWHCGMFGP lost his first regular season game to a Div. II school ... gave some people some pause. For about a minute. The rest is history.
Wrong. He lost his first regular season game to Nebraska in Lincoln. They were ranked #4 in the nation at the time. Then he beat, in successive weeks, North Texas and SMU. Then we lost to Northwestern State, a DI-AA school.

Gary Patterson has never lost to a DII school, and never will.

Pharm Frog

Wrong. He lost his first regular season game to Nebraska in Lincoln. They were ranked #4 in the nation at the time. Then he beat, in successive weeks, North Texas and SMU. Then we lost to Northwestern State, a DI-AA school.

Gary Patterson has never lost to a DII school, and never will.

Not while at TCU but only because he’s too scared to schedule a D2 school as they stole his signals while at Davis.

Hemingway

Well, actually, some DO wait until the corner office is vacated to begin their search for a worthy replacement. I served for several years on a BoT that, as a group, failed or refused to recognize the importance of succession planning and the results ranged from "we really messed up" to "boy, were we lucky." Currently one of the better CEOs that BoT hired is planning retirement in another 2½ years and has announced those intentions to the BoT. After about a year they've almost finished compiling their ideas about how to name a search committee. Some folks, it seems, are really slow learners.
Well, I’d like to through my name in the hat. I’ll send you a CV with some references, from people unrelated to me. I also have a lot of LinkedIn endorsements

Latest posts