• The KillerFrogs

Fort Worth NCAA Regional Thread

Realtorfrog

I’ll say this........ if we really were committed and all in we would have signed him to an extension as soon these rumors started like another Big 12 team who is ride or die with their coach. I don’t want him to leave but I think the program is bigger than the coach at this point and we will be okay if he does.

LisaLT

have we gotten jaded as a fan base and are we truly aware the challenges that this program faces to continue to be competitive?

please feel free to tell me i am wrong and full of [ #2020 ]t on this, but it has not been since 2017 that we have had a truly great team in my uneducated, unsophisticated, and unwoke opinion

last years team had potential before the covid shutdown the this years team never seemed to find that same level for whatever reason, but is this a case of the duck on the pound for most of us.

maybe we don't truly see and understand the level of work it takes to maintain a fairly highly status quo

I do think we are somewhat jaded and spoiled as a fan base. We consider our program a "blue blood" baseball program, and with that mindset, comes high expectations. The highs are great and the lows are devastating. Winning is "expected." When a team underperforms in big time games, that is usually a reflection on the coaching staff, IMO.

I don't know what JS will do - if he is leaving or staying, but sometimes change is good and necessary. Perhaps its time for that big coaching change to bring a new perspective and energy to the game for us. Maybe JS ran out quickly tonight as to not have to face the questions or scrutiny - or perhaps he is equally upset at this loss. He should have stuck around, IMO, for his players. That says something about his character. This team did win a Big12 championship and tournament title. That's not nothing. They deserve a lot of respect and props for that.

MTfrog5

I’ll say this........ if we really were committed and all in we would have signed him to an extension as soon these rumors started like another Big 12 team who is ride or die with their coach. I don’t want him to leave but I think the program is bigger than the coach at this point and we will be okay if he does.
Why should we after the MSU stuff? If you want to leave then go

SuperTFrog

Was at the game. More energy out of Beaver fans ( small amount that were there)for most of game than TCU .

More energy out of Oregon State it seemed as the game went on than Frog's , IMO.

Side note: Is our PA announcer about the lowest energy announcer out there?
Like Maniac, I completely disagree. There was virtually nothing to cheer for most of the game and there was a significant backing of the guys from the fans. Especially from the 7th inning on. When 24 came in he struck out 6 batters in two innings. It is hard to get amped up when we are going down 1-2 and the striking out.

The Beaver fans were nowhere near as loud as the Frog fans. Rarely heard a peep out of them.

SuperTFrog

Donati didn't let him know crap - that was my point. Not that he was wanted, not that we had his back...he wasn't looking but people are always going to be looking for him - we just needed to put a stop to it like Tech did before it became a problem, but we didn't.
You’re talking like you know Schloss really well and are hearing this from the horses mouth. I hope that is the case. Otherwise, you may need to tone down your opinions.

Big Frog II

If we aren’t disappointed then we are not good fans. I hate to point fingers without all of the information. It was a sad ending to a season that until the bottom of the seventh last night had so much promise. I have no idea what Schloss’ frame of mind is but I hope he makes his mind up quickly what he wants to do. I hope he stays but we’ll be fine if he doesn’t.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Donati didn't let him know crap - that was my point. Not that he was wanted, not that we had his back...he wasn't looking but people are always going to be looking for him - we just needed to put a stop to it like Tech did before it became a problem, but we didn't.

1.) I wasn't in the room. Donati doesn't blab. That leaves one source.

2.) "Put a stop to it..." To my admittedly untrained ears, that sounds like "coughing up more money" or other goodies. Again, Donati doesn't blab. That leaves one source.

I honestly don't know what's going on up there. I gave my opinion based on my direct knowledge of the persons involved, which is a wee tiny bit of Donati and damned near nothing of Schloss. If Schloss wants to jump the fence and find a greener pasture, are we supposed to believe that giving him a raise and a fresh coat of paint in the lockerroom will drive those thoughts of greener pastures from his mind? If he wants to stay, stay. If he wants to go, go. It's just that simple.