• The KillerFrogs

Fort Worth NCAA Regional Thread

East Coast

Tier 1
well he only makes $1.5 when we make Omaha - so this year will be a better deal.

He is worth what we pay him. Maybe a bit more if it is required.

But frankly if he is going to try and get a Top 5 salary over stadium improvements and raises for his staff - then he can go have fun in CS.

Honestly - like a lot of baseball supporters - I am tired of the rumors even when they are not his fault. But this year - I feel the blame is more on ADJD than Schloss. Our AD has not been proactive in reaching out to Schloss and making sure he is happy here, resolving issues, extending his deal that ends in two years, etc.

Schloss doesn't have an agent that I am aware of - so there is no back door deal going on with him - all you have to do is call him directly and give him a big wet kiss to say we love you, sign the new contract and move on.

Feel confident from what i do know he was not actively looking to leave and actually wanting reasons to say no - so it is all on our AD if he does.
That is what it is. Donati's strength as AD seems to be administration. Del Conte's biggest strength was leadership.

East Coast

Tier 1
Yep. Waited long enough to get chewed out by the CSC staff telling us to clear out and leave.

This weekend proved we were a flawed team that probably didn’t have much of a shot at making a run in Omaha, but I really grew to love many of our players. Sad we didn’t get to send them out with one more round of applause. Especially the seniors. I stood around for a while after the game and you could see some of the seniors sitting in the dugout in tears just absolutely devastated. Gonna miss a lot of those guys.
Good post Maniac. And it isn't like we embarrassed ourselves like Florida did. We played 3 hard fought games, one of which we broke open and 2 where we just didn't get it done.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
well he only makes $1.5 when we make Omaha - so this year will be a better deal.

He is worth what we pay him. Maybe a bit more if it is required.

But frankly if he is going to try and get a Top 5 salary over stadium improvements and raises for his staff - then he can go have fun in CS.

Honestly - like a lot of baseball supporters - I am tired of the rumors even when they are not his fault. But this year - I feel the blame is more on ADJD than Schloss. Our AD has not been proactive in reaching out to Schloss and making sure he is happy here, resolving issues, extending his deal that ends in two years, etc.

Schloss doesn't have an agent that I am aware of - so there is no back door deal going on with him - all you have to do is call him directly and give him a big wet kiss to say we love you, sign the new contract and move on.

Feel confident from what i do know he was not actively looking to leave and actually wanting reasons to say no - so it is all on our AD if he does.
From what I know of Donati, he doesn't do his negotiating or posturing in public, or through the Media. He communicates directly and keeps his mouth shut otherwise.

As to Schloss, the extended dalliance with Miss St left a bitter note and I never got the impression after that that he was nearly as gung-ho as he was previously. Yeah, there was that whole divorce thing, which could not possibly have helped matters, but that is over. He simply hasn't been all there for while now.

Perhaps Donati has let him know that he is done cutting him slack, and that while he has a home in Fort Worth, it is clear he's been looking around for greener pastures. If he wants to leave, there's the door. But don't stay and continue to play the little games he's been playing.

Last edited:

frogs9497

I’d put my money on him being gone by Tuesday. And no, I don’t know that to be a fact. It’s what I THINK will happen.

As much as I’d hate to see him wearing maroon, kinda at the point of letting whatever happens happen. Just get it over with so we can move forward.

flyfishingfrog

From what I know of Donati, he doesn't do his negotiating or posturing in public, or through the Media. He communicates directly and keeps his mouth shut otherwise.

As to Schloss, the extended dalliance with Miss St left a bitter note and I never got the impression after that that he was nearly as gung-ho as he was previously. Yeah, there was that whole divorce thing, which could not possibly have helped things, but that is over. He simply hasn't been all there for while now.

Perhaps Donati has let him know that he is done cutting him slack, and that while he has a home in Fort Worth, it is clear he's been looking around for greener pastures. If he wants to leave, there's the door. But don't stay and continue to play the little games he's been playing.
Donati didn't let him know crap - that was my point. Not that he was wanted, not that we had his back...he wasn't looking but people are always going to be looking for him - we just needed to put a stop to it like Tech did before it became a problem, but we didn't.

hometown frog

I understand they were stunned but wish the players had just stepped out of the dugout and let the crowd give them a round of applause for a nice season.
Fans were waiting around wanting to clap for them.
This. Last night and again today they just packed it up and headed up the tunnel after the last out. Very poor form from the adults in charge of the program to make sure the student athletes do what’s proper.

Eight

the last two games pretty much sum up the down side of the season

first game is lost with questionable personnel changes and relievers who were chunking and hoping

second game is lost with 3 hits and 15 k's

i don't know the whys to each, but as much as this team overachieved this year in some aspects in went to total crap at the end

Frogs1983

Perhaps the expectations of being the number 6 national seed was too much. Maybe they might’ve had more fight if we were not selected in the top 8. Seems like the pressure got to them when it counted the most.

another very winnable game frittered away.

I’m a little relieved I don’t have to watch another game today. Even if we squeaked out a win against OSU, it was highly unlikely we were going to beat DBU once, let alone twice.

football will be here soon enough. Let’s hope we win a title there too. Now enjoy your summer everyone!!!

PS Still lots of sports to watch xoxo
Was at the game. More energy out of Beaver fans ( small amount that were there)for most of game than TCU .

More energy out of Oregon State it seemed as the game went on than Frog's , IMO.

Side note: Is our PA announcer about the lowest energy announcer out there?

Eight

have we gotten jaded as a fan base and are we truly aware the challenges that this program faces to continue to be competitive?

please feel free to tell me i am wrong and full of [ Finebaum ]t on this, but it has not been since 2017 that we have had a truly great team in my uneducated, unsophisticated, and unwoke opinion

last years team had potential before the covid shutdown the this years team never seemed to find that same level for whatever reason, but is this a case of the duck on the pound for most of us.

maybe we don't truly see and understand the level of work it takes to maintain a fairly highly status quo

Latest posts