• The KillerFrogs

FWST: How TCU’s Porter Brown went from bench player to Big 12’s most outstanding player

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
How TCU’s Porter Brown went from bench player to Big 12’s most outstanding player

By Drew Davison

It would have been easy for TCU outfielder Porter Brown to become disengaged early on this season. He didn’t play in the marquee season-opening event featuring top teams from the Big 12 and SEC at Globe Life Field.

He had just 24 at-bats in the first 20 games when Big 12 play started in late March. For comparison, Brown had more than double those at-bats (53) in 13 games of the COVID-shortened 2020 season.

But Brown never let the size of his role impact his preparation.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article251828818.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article251828818.html#storylink=cpy

jake102

Credit needs to be given to Boyers for playing a serviceable centerfield, allowing both Boyers and Brown to be in the lineup full time.

jake102

Also credit to Boyers for putting some pretty good at bats together after what was a downright miserable stretch for him. Hopefully that confidence continues to grow.

Oh yeah. His bat is significantly better than Nunez at the moment, hence why he moved to CF despite being an inferior defensive CF

tcumaniac

Oh yeah. His bat is significantly better than Nunez at the moment, hence why he moved to CF despite being an inferior defensive CF
Boyers is an incredible athlete and is really fast. Played QB in high school, so I assume he has a strong arm. No reason he can't be an elite CF.

Biggest weakness at this point imo is 1st base. Henry and Shep seem to be a pretty significant drop off from Gene both offensively and defensively. Really hope we can get him back.

Paul in uhh

Boyers is an incredible athlete and is really fast. Played QB in high school, so I assume he has a strong arm. No reason he can't be an elite CF.

Biggest weakness at this point imo is 1st base. Henry and Shep seem to be a pretty significant drop off from Gene both offensively and defensively. Really hope we can get him back.
Think gene is back this weekend

jake102

Assuming we can't choose SS, I agree