• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU HC Gary Patterson says offense has improved this spring

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU HC Gary Patterson says offense has improved this spring

By JEREMY CLARK

TCU ended their 2021 spring camp on Saturday with the annual spring scrimmage at Amon G. Carter Stadium. The scrimmage was the conclusion of 15 practices.

Despite battling a high number of injuries that left many players unable to go for most of camp, head coach Gary Patterson remained positive about the work his team was able to accomplish over the past several weeks.

“We got better on offense, defensively we’re going to get a lot better when we get everyone back,” Patterson said.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/A...ays-TCU-offense-improved-in-spring-164341170/

FrogAbroad

I was an Athletic Trainer in high school and for a year at TCU. That doesn't make me an expert, but I do have a basic understanding of athletic injuries, how they happen, and how they're overcome and healed.

And that background causes me to wonder, "How in the heck does TCUFB have so many injuries that impede player development?" It seems "...when we get everyone back" is the most-used adverbial clause of all time in the Athletic Department. I'm no longer very close to it, so I'm asking, does anyone have an answer (as opposed to an opinion) as to why FB seems constantly just a few injuries short of greatness?

Fosterpark Squatter

I was an Athletic Trainer in high school and for a year at TCU. That doesn't make me an expert, but I do have a basic understanding of athletic injuries, how they happen, and how they're overcome and healed.

And that background causes me to wonder, "How in the heck does TCUFB have so many injuries that impede player development?" It seems "...when we get everyone back" is the most-used adverbial clause of all time in the Athletic Department. I'm no longer very close to it, so I'm asking, does anyone have an answer (as opposed to an opinion) as to why FB seems constantly just a few injuries short of greatness?
Bama sat 20 players for their spring game as precaution. May be what is going on here too.

FrogAbroad

Bama sat 20 players for their spring game as precaution. May be what is going on here too.
Very well could be...and I hope that's the case in the Spring. But "it seems" (I use quotation marks because I've not counted the numbers exactly) we have an above-average number of guys on the injured list year-round. But then, maybe I'm 'way off...