• The KillerFrogs

Baylor at TCU game #3

Pharm Frog

Which was worse: 1.) Getting run-ruled in San Marcos, or 2.) Sweeping a Conference foe?

By RPI standards it was marginally worse to lose in San Marcos (by one or 20 is irrelevant). But as today’s results come in we’re climbing pretty well. Still so early. Texas State is in the 160’s. UTA in the 170’s. Baylor in the 80’s and being swept on the road by TCU, while hurtful a bit to their RPI was not a crushing blow. Unlike Baylor did last Tuesday, we do need to beat UTA this week at their place (or get rained out). UTA just split a 4 game series at UH.

Pharm Frog

While it is still somewhat early, the RPI thing still annoys me. I simply cannot understand how you get dinged for winning a game.

Technically you don’t get “dinged” for winning a game as it becomes more of a relative value of winning that game versus other’s results. Initially we dropped four spots but have now moved back up to a net positive of 3. Will still move as other results go final. The good news is Gonzaga and Liberty continue to post solid results and the road series win at Lafayette was a boost. And, I suspect that we may see this BU sweep become more and more impressive now that the Bears have us and UT behind them. Still think they could finish about midpoint in the conference if they don’t fall apart.

SuperTFrog

As much as I hate ESPN +, I must admit that it’s pretty nice to be sitting on the beach near Seaside, FL watching the game on my phone.
Beach near Seaside? If you are going to humblebrag, at least be at Seaside or Sea Island or Turks. Where are you? Galveston?

FYI - I love Galveston and I’m just giving you crap. Go Frogs, screw Baylor!