• The KillerFrogs

Galena Park-Northshore v. Austin Westlake

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Not sure what game you watched but Westlake stuffed the run all game with the exception of about 5 plays.
Hmmm... Seemed to me that they were able to get good yardage. What killed them were the turnovers.

But, my comment had to do particularly with the cohesion, timing, and execution of the blocking schemes. IMHO, they did good work in the run game. I will say that pass blocking was difficult with the Westlake kids flying around as they were.

There were two very good teams out there.

Punter1

Hmmm... Seemed to me that they were able to get good yardage. What killed them were the turnovers.

But, my comment had to do particularly with the cohesion, timing, and execution of the blocking schemes. IMHO, they did good work in the run game. I will say that pass blocking was difficult with the Westlake kids flying around as they were.

There were two very good teams out there.

Two excellent teams with great defenses...both these teams averaged over 50 a game and easily coulda averaged 65+ if they left their starters in all game.

The fact that this game was in the 20s speaks to the incredible DLines both teams had along with a sticky secondary that didn't allow many big plays.

I watched NS in person from the sidelines two weeks ago and their DLine was just overwhelming against a huge, well coached OLine that is sending 4 of 5 kids to the next level. Westlake was the same way yesterday.

Eight

Recruiting is interesting. Always heard rumors. I went to a tiny country HS so this is all so foreign to me

football is the least recruited of the major sports in high school.

basketball and baseball were pretty interesting when our kids where in school.