• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

CountryFrog

Why would someone leave Memphis...national powerhouse...blue blood Memphis for little ole TCU.

I mean...it’s Memphis. Their current QB was recruited by Belichick to just skip college but turned that down because....MEMPHIS!!
Clearly Memphis is bringing in 5 blue chip o-linemen who were going to take his spot.

Eight

two year starter at tackle, one at right and one at left. main strengths seem to be intelligence and athletic ability needing to get more physical if he wants to improve draft position.

don't see any real down side. if stornment stays and he comes aboard the frogs would appear to have two experienced tackles with coker and coleman behind them.

allows the frogs to keep avilla inside where there have to get stronger.

no accident that the two strongest teams in the lines in the cfp are the two that are playing for the title. despite all the dog and pony formations, sets, throwing the ball etc.. it still comes down to controlling the line of scrimmage

Moose Stuff

We had someone a while back (possible it was the other board) saying how screwed we were in terms of recruiting during the early period and our ability to attract transfers. Since then we added 5-6 really solid HS kids including a couple 4 stars, experienced transfers at OL/DL, and a highly regarded QB transfer that at worst gives us immediate usable depth. Nailed it.

Eight

We had someone a while back (possible it was the other board) saying how screwed we were in terms of recruiting during the early period and our ability to attract transfers. Since then we added 5-6 really solid HS kids including a couple 4 stars, experienced transfers at OL/DL, and a highly regarded QB transfer that at worst gives us immediate usable depth. Nailed it.

most of the needs have been addressed, curious if they bring in an experienced safety, doubt they could bring in an experienced corner, but open to adding another corner as well as tight end

Punter1

most of the needs have been addressed, curious if they bring in an experienced safety, doubt they could bring in an experienced corner, but open to adding another corner as well as tight end

We def need a TE. But if Noah is good to go next year we will have 4 experienced corners with THT, KS, and HC. Plus I think Jenkins will should get some time...dude is gonna be a player.

I guess safety is gonna be LVZ, Nook and either Josh or Bud at FS. I wouldn't mind a ballhawk FS grad transfer while Josh and Bud get more experience. What was the strength of the team last year now looks a little weak...at least on experience.

Starters:
Nook
LVZ
Josh Foster/Bud Clark

2nd Team
Vonger
McCuin
Foster/Clark

3rd Team
A Watkins - True Freshman
D Armstead - True Freshman
Donovan Collins

Eight

We def need a TE. But if Noah is good to go next year we will have 4 experienced corners with THT, KS, and HC. Plus I think Jenkins will should get some time...dude is gonna be a player.

I guess safety is gonna be LVZ, Nook and either Josh or Bud at FS. I wouldn't mind a ballhawk FS grad transfer while Josh and Bud get more experience. What was the strength of the team last year now looks a little weak...at least on experience.

Starters:
Nook
LVZ
Josh Foster/Bud Clark

2nd Team
Vonger
McCuin
Foster/Clark

3rd Team
Donovan Collins

my biggest concern at corner is the health of daniels and stewart missing games this year due to injury.

kenyon is a small framed guy who plays hard and that always doesn't lend itself to durability. jenkins looked tiny when he got on the field against la tech.

think the safety position is just too complicated to pick up in a short amount of time similar to linebacker

Moose Stuff

Starters:
Nook
LVZ
Josh Foster/Bud Clark

2nd Team
Vonger
McCuin
Foster/Clark

3rd Team
Donovan Collins

I'm counting on him exactly ZERO percent but it sounds like Marcel may give DB a shot. Again, I'm very skeptical..... so he'll probably endup being the best player on our team. :)

Punter1

my biggest concern at corner is the health of daniels and stewart missing games this year due to injury.

kenyon is a small framed guy who plays hard and that always doesn't lend itself to durability. jenkins looked tiny when he got on the field against la tech.

think the safety position is just too complicated to pick up in a short amount of time similar to linebacker

GP watches over the secondary probably more than any position on the team, and rightfully so, so I'm gonna take comfort in the fact we haven't been active in the juco or grad transfer market back there which may indicate he's satisfied with what we have.

That must also mean Noah is rehabbing well and is on schedule for next year....

Last edited:

Eight

GP watches over the secondary probably more than any position on the team, and rightfully so, so I'm gonna take comfort in the fact we haven't been active in the juco or grad transfer market back there which may indicate he's satisfied with what we have.

noah made it back once before so i don't doubt he is capable of putting in the time and work to not only return to form, but exceed

my concern is more along the lines of staying healthy. you never want to doubt your players, but you also don't want to find yourself in a position where you are dependent upon a player or two staying healthy.

similar situation with wes harris in the interior line.

Froggish

Saw a picture of him recently and he wasn’t wearing a brace so the leg must be on the mend.