• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

McFroggin

So the opposing coaches are only showing those mistakes on film to kids in DFW and not in other regions of the state and country? Interesting decision by them.

Kind of. When any kid is considering us in Top 3 or so, opposing coaches will demonstrate flaws of the other 2 programs. Obviously local programs have the film of us more readily available and assume we are somewhat in the mix. Kids get cold feet all the time. Preventative lay sway them away from us and Austin looks like the only good program “close to home” for example.

CountryFrog

Kind of. When any kid is considering us in Top 3 or so, opposing coaches will demonstrate flaws of the other 2 programs. Obviously local programs have the film of us more readily available and assume we are somewhat in the mix. Kids get cold feet all the time. Preventative lay sway them away from us and Austin looks like the only good program “close to home” for example.
Ok. So just to clarify, you've got recruits choosing Texas over TCU due to film study with the Texas coaching staff?

McFroggin

Ok. So just to clarify, you've got recruits choosing Texas over TCU due to film study with the Texas coaching staff?

Im not polling all of the misses to find out. I’m just saying other local schools utilize video of our recent flubs frequently as a tactic. Film study? No. They have clips on their phones in these modern times. Which 1 or combo of their tactics works best? Hard to say.

JockO de Frog

As per the justice department, the use of drugs in the DFW area has sharply spiked in the last few years.

“The North Texas HIDTA (High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Drug Market Analysis) region is a significant national-level distribution and transshipment center for illicit drugs supplied by Mexican DTOs. Mexican DTOs exploit the region’s proximity to the U.S.–Mexico border, extensive transportation infrastructure, and global financial institutions and use the area to distribute wholesale quantities of methamphetamine, cocaine, marijuana, and heroin. Mexican DTOs also warehouse significant quantities of illicit drugs in the region for eventual transport to markets nationwide, such as those in Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, and Ohio. The Dallas/Fort Worth area is the principal drug distribution center in the region; however, Oklahoma City also figures prominently in regional drug trafficking.”

These high school players are faced with incredible temptations continually and have connections and I’m sure, many co-dependent friends. To leave the metroplex may be a great way to break away from those contacts, and to a degree, the temptations (which of course, would be very appealing to parents). This may be a good reason why players across the country want to play in a location away from their environment – as a fresh start and to focus on football but especially in the metroplex. It may also be a reason why our staff may even shy away from local players (just a hypothesis).

https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs23/23253/23253p.pdf

West Coast Johnny

Id like to better understand the Fields situation. Female victim reported being struck with a closed fist to the face. She declined medical attention and did not seek it after from my recollection. I’m not sure anyone here could be struck by Fields in the face with a closed fist and not need medical attention.

Im not arguing that there wasn’t a victim and Fields is innocent. I just feel like there was a lot more to this story.
There isn't anything more to the story. Fields got jealous, punched out a window, somehow got inside the house and punched the girl. He pointed a gun at her and threatened to kill her. He's hot garbage that likes to punch girls and play with guns and TCU is lucky he never killed anyone.

Froggish

Quick recruiting note...It appears we will look to sign 3-5 more players at the Feb Signing day. That will take the 2021 class to around 18-20..

froginmn

Im not polling all of the misses to find out. I’m just saying other local schools utilize video of our recent flubs frequently as a tactic. Film study? No. They have clips on their phones in these modern times. Which 1 or combo of their tactics works best? Hard to say.
Dude just stop. You're making my side ache.

froginmn

After discussion with my family, lots of prayer, and watching videos of GMFP's clock management on Mensa's cell phone, I'm proud to announce that I'll be spending at least a few months at the University of Texas!

McFroggin

Dude just stop. You're making my side ache.

Im not sure why you can’t grasp that other teams do some recruiting by negatively commenting on other schools.

Are they going to argue that our coach is on his way out? No

Are they going to say that he can’t create NFL players from 2 stars? No

Are they going to say that our assistant coaches may get fired? No

Where do you think they negative recruit with us if I’m wrong?

CountryFrog

Im not sure why you can’t grasp that other teams do some recruiting by negatively commenting on other schools.

Are they going to argue that our coach is on his way out? No

Are they going to say that he can’t create NFL players from 2 stars? No

Are they going to say that our assistant coaches may get fired? No

Where do you think they negative recruit with us if I’m wrong?
So you've just gone from saying that local kids aren't choosing TCU at least in part due to coaches showing them film of bad coaching decisions to just saying that negative recruiting happens in various ways.

And famously there was at least one school recently telling recruits that GP was about to retire so that has actually been used.

Eight

You've turned into an absolute beating.

turning?

i have been consistent in my desire for tcu to land more recruits from the houston/ gulf coast area and have more than once mentioned conversations with friends who coach about a lack of consistent presence in the area but all the matters is the rankings so be it.

Punter1

turning?

i have been consistent in my desire for tcu to land more recruits from the houston/ gulf coast area and have more than once mentioned conversations with friends who coach about a lack of consistent presence in the area but all the matters is the rankings so be it.

I've got no problem you or anyone's desire for us to get better...Ive been doing that on here since 1997.

But to insist we aren't doing a good job at recruiting because we aren't pulling enough DFW or Gulf Coast kids is absurd. Im gonna assume you are smart enough to realize there is only 3 or 4 scholarships open per position (excluding QB, RB and TE) and we have to look for kids that not only are good enough, but are smart enough, that fit into our system and also...have an interest in us??

Basically the stars have to align perfectly on every recruit for us to not only offer but for us to sign him. That means we have to cast a broad, broad net to bring the right kind of kids in. And with recruiting being about as cyclical an endeavor as there is...where we get our kids from changes.

Three years of not enough DFW kids is irrelevant Number 1 but also not nearly a big enough sample size to draw conclusions. Coupled with us getting a bunch of highly rated studs from Iowa, Indiana and Louisiana....who cares where they're from.

Schloss has developed a great pipeline from the Midwest and NOBODY has questioned his recruiting strategy. I just want players...and we are getting a bunch of sought after dudes....who cares where they went to HS...

Eight

I've got no problem you or anyone's desire for us to get better...Ive been doing that on here since 1997.

But to insist we aren't doing a good job at recruiting because we aren't pulling enough DFW or Gulf Coast kids is absurd. Im gonna assume you are smart enough to realize there is only 3 or 4 scholarships open per position (excluding QB, RB and TE) and we have to look for kids that not only are good enough, but are smart enough, that fit into our system and also...have an interest in us??

Basically the stars have to align perfectly on every recruit for us to not only offer but for us to sign him. That means we have to cast a broad, broad net to bring the right kind of kids in. And with recruiting being about as cyclical an endeavor as there is...where we get our kids from changes.

Three years of not enough DFW kids is irrelevant Number 1 but also not nearly a big enough sample size to draw conclusions. Coupled with us getting a bunch of highly rated studs from Iowa, Indiana and Louisiana....who cares where they're from.

Schloss has developed a great pipeline from the Midwest and NOBODY has questioned his recruiting strategy. I just want players...and we are getting a bunch of sought after dudes....who cares where they went to HS...

schloss has to find kids whose family can and will pay 1/2 to 2/3 of the cost of attending tcu which means looking outside the state.

never said we aren't doing a "good enough job" but that something has changed when tcu goes from landing at least 5 kids in a class from the metroplex to 6 in 3 years.

something changed, the frogs keep offering, but the signings have dropped off. if you want to interpret my stating that as the frogs are doing a bad job so be it. can't control that.

interesting you mention the smart enough part when the frogs have rolled the dice multiple times on kids who were academic risks. heck, they went back on a receiver twice who was an academic risk.

Bill Bozeat

Punter you know this clown has never been recruited never put on a TCU jersey Never coached above PeeWee level. So he writes 4 paragraphs every 10 minutes to cover up his lack of athletic prowess and criticizes people who do what he has never done.

Eight

Punter you know this clown has never been recruited never put on a TCU jersey Never coached above PeeWee level. So he writes 4 paragraphs every 10 minutes to cover up his lack of athletic prowess and criticizes people who do what he has never done.

just curious, who did i criticize?