• The KillerFrogs

Time for PATTERSON to scrap the crappy 4-2-5 defense. It aint workin !!

MadFrog

I do think that our defense is too confusing for many of these players. Many a time yesterday GP called his defense, then WVU shifted several players, and GP had to try to scramble to a new defense. Too many times many of our guys seemed to be looking at GP when the ball was snapped. As for the offense, not only do we need a complete new OL overall, but we need a new QB who can handle the passing game. I am tired of him missing wide open receivers.

netty2424

I am tired of him missing wide open receivers.
Was thinking about this yesterday. I can’t remember a single play where our WRs were just open. Every singe throw was contested.

And the majority of their receptions, we didn’t have a defender within 5 yards.

Our guys can close fast, but it still feels like this offense rarely has a guy on an island like our opponents do. Week after week, guys are just wide open.

And this defense has a massive hole in it in the flat and up to about 7 yards out. Uncovered, every play.

Klaw

Was thinking about this yesterday. I can’t remember a single play where our WRs were just open. Every singe throw was contested.

Our guys can close fast, but it still feels like this offense rarely has a guy on an island like our opponents do. Week after week, guys are just wide open.

And this defense has a massive hole in it in the flat and up to about 7 yards out. Uncovered, every play.

I recall at least 2 plays where Duggans threw high to wide open receivers. One was the broken coverage on the easy TD and the other was a 3rd down play for a 1st down

netty2424

I recall at least 2 plays where Duggans threw high to wide open receivers. One was the broken coverage on the easy TD and the other was a 3rd down play for a 1st down
You’re correct. Barber was wide open for a TD. And Duggan threw it to Eastern Virginia.

MadFrog

The one that irritates me the most was the wide open receiver in the corner of the end zone. He threw it way over the receiver's head.