• The KillerFrogs

Nebraska goes nuclear on Big Ten

HG73

An October 17 start would only give the Big10 seven Saturdays through the end of November with no byes. 10 Saturdays if they play through the weekend before Christmas. A seven or 8 game season? Same for the PAC.

Eight

So you think Kansas, KState and Iowa State have more to offer? Ok...

no, but what do we bring to the table that is unique to us?

the metroplex? on a given day where does tcu football news rank in the paper, radio, and tv compared to the cowboys, the big 3 of texas-ou-atm, and the other area programs?

on the field? since we have joined the big 12 in terms of conference play we are 6th granted you have ou at the top far and away, a cluster of 6 teams in the middle who have a difference of 8 wins over 8 seasons separating them, and then three programs at the bottom though isu is only one of 3 big 12 teams with a winning record in conference play the past three seasons.

bottom line is we are just another program in this conference and we really don't offer a strong second program to a conference as basketball has struggled to make the tournament. yes, the competition is brutal in basketball but if we aren't winning football games and making the tournament in basketball we bring what value to another conference?

as i pointed out, only the pac has 4 p5 schools in the same conference from the same state. we either have to win, put butts in the seats, or bring eyes to screens and before someone start pulling out ratings from select games in the past please don't include the ohio state game or the lsu game

what are our ratings in the state for a game versus another big 12 team? what were they when we played arkansas?

WIN

Not for now ... B10 presidents declined to vote Sunday ... but a vote could come today or Tuesday.

BIG TEN PRESIDENTS AND CHANCELLORS DID NOT VOTE ON RETURNING TO PLAY IN SUNDAY'S MEETING, STILL EXPECTED TO VOTE THIS WEEK

The wait continues.

A multi-hour long meeting on Sunday filled with presentations from various subcommittees to the Big Ten's Council of Presidents and Chancellors came and went with no vote on when to begin the conference's football season, per various reports.

David Jesse of the Detroit Free Press first reported the lack of a vote, and ESPN's Adam Rittenberg and The Athletic's Nicole Auerbach confirmed it.

Discussions are expected to continue, Rittenberg reported, and a vote will likely come later this week, per Jesse.

Read more ta https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...-vote-on-returning-to-play-in-sundays-meeting

Sounds like a proactive group. Just amazing watching them struggle with all this.

LisaLT

I don’t see the PAC 12 reversing course. California, Oregon and Washington are all being devastated by wild fires and even where I am at in LA the air quality is considered very unhealthy (and I live at the beach). I don’t know whether these schools in these states would even be able to hold practices. It’s quite sad out here now.

Eight

I don’t see the PAC 12 reversing course. California, Oregon and Washington are all being devastated by wild fires and even where I am at in LA the air quality is considered very unhealthy (and I live at the beach). I don’t know whether these schools in these states would even be able to hold practices. It’s quite sad out here now.

wild fires? come on now, not like it is the first time the west coast has been in flames and it didn't stop them from playing in the past

actually, wife is in washington state and has said things have been very hazy every day from all the ash and soot. not st helens bad, but very noticeable

LisaLT

wild fires? come on now, not like it is the first time the west coast has been in flames and it didn't stop them from playing in the past

actually, wife is in washington state and has said things have been very hazy every day from all the ash and soot. not st helens bad, but very noticeable
It’s bad enough that the NFL considered rescheduling the 49ers game yesterday (LoL bet they wish now they did). It’s much worse this year than ever before. Oregon especially.

HFrog1999

Meanwhile, our good buddy Gordon Gee....

https://voiceofmotown.com/breaking-gordon-gee-seen-in-local-cvs-with-no-mask-on/

Screenshot-2020-09-13-at-8.53.22-PM.png

It’s bad enough that the NFL considered rescheduling the 49ers game yesterday (LoL bet they wish now they did). It’s much worse this year than ever before. Oregon especially.

Wife has an aunt in Oregon who is having to come here for a few weeks because of how bad it's gotten. If her house survives, she said she's done with Oregon after 35 years and is moving back to Texas permanently.

jake102

Whoa! I thought Michigan was a solid “yes” vote. If Michigan votes “no” football, I don’t think the big 10 will be playing football. I’ve heard the spares Rutgers, Maryland, etc are not going to vote to play.

Nah Michigan has been a pretty firm "no" from the beginning. They are probably the most interesting university though. Majority of their alumni/donors and Athletic Department/Harbaugh are very much a proponent of playing, but their President (the one who matters) is a hard no.

Zubaz

Nah Michigan has been a pretty firm "no" from the beginning. They are probably the most interesting university though. Majority of their alumni/donors and Athletic Department/Harbaugh are very much a proponent of playing, but their President (the one who matters) is a hard no.
I think there's some political influence there too, right? I've read that the governor is also against playing and is now involved, though not sure how true that is.

Paint It Purple

not so subtle brag.

LisaLT

Wife has an aunt in Oregon who is having to come here for a few weeks because of how bad it's gotten. If her house survives, she said she's done with Oregon after 35 years and is moving back to Texas permanently.
I've got some good friends in Eugene who said they had 4 days where all it did was rain ashes. They were prepared to evacuate but stayed as they have horses and a farm. It is terrible. Apparently "protesters" may be responsible for some of these fires.

LisaLT

Apparently "protesters" may be responsible for some of these fires.

Would that really surprise any of us?

NF
Troublemakers I guess is a better word - not even legitimate protesters. I don't know why people feel setting fires is a good idea as a means of protest. You're not only destroying property, but you're killing wild life that has no where to go. I hope they all get the death penalty if caught.

HG73

Good, I hope they don't play. Both the Big10 and PAC will be destroyed. No football income (TV and gate) will bankrupt them. Lawsuits from local businesses and basically everyone else will finish the job. Recruiting will decline significantly. No spring season, too many games in 2021 for the players and who wants to watch college football in March?

These morons are making the dumbest move in the history of higher education. While the high schools and NFL are playing their seasons.