• The KillerFrogs

We open conference with ISU in ACS....

TCUdirtbag

i think the b12 is making the right decision, happy to see it. I don’t see a reason to cancel the season at this point when you are talking about starting at the end of September. just give it time and see how it all shakes out.

100% this. It is truly amazing how quickly we went from “the plan is to play, we’ll see how the first few weeks of students on campus go” to “omg cancel everything” and then back to this point.

Last week Bowlsby convened a call with the presidents, ADs, and attorneys, and it was VERY pessimistic. That only gained steam over the weekend and into Monday.

Make no mistake, the players speaking out was a big deal. As were the handful of Big 12 presidents that said “hold on, we can wait a few weeks to make such a drastic decision.”

We are a very, very long way from suiting up for a game. But the Big 12 issued a stay of execution for this season that seemed very, very unlikely a few days ago.

Cautious optimism, but this is absolutely the right decision right now.

Wear your scheissing masks so we can hold this thing together.

TCUdirtbag

I heard this last night from a well connected friend, and JC reported on it too, but supposedly Chancellor Boschini led the charge among his peers of fellow presidents to get this decision made.

Yes, and I understand Harroz at OU at Schovanec at Tech were also key.

On a not totally unrelated note. UT’s interim president (Dean of the McCombs School of Business) was just named sole finalist as the new president. This is a positive for athletics and the Big 12, IMO.

100% this. It is truly amazing how quickly we went from “the plan is to play, we’ll see how the first few weeks of students on campus go” to “omg cancel everything” and then back to this point.

Last week Bowlsby convened a call with the presidents, ADs, and attorneys, and it was VERY pessimistic. That only gained steam over the weekend and into Monday.

Make no mistake, the players speaking out was a big deal. As were the handful of Big 12 presidents that said “hold on, we can wait a few weeks to make such a drastic decision.”

We are a very, very long way from suiting up for a game. But the Big 12 issued a stay of execution for this season that seemed very, very unlikely a few days ago.

This x1,000

InstaFrog

Sturgis.jpg

I just hope this little road trip doesn't stick a fork in the whole deal.

InstaFrog

The speed trap in Denton is gonna be a deal breaker...
"We don't need no stinkin speed trap"
c60586d356c60eb85b7854972f0939f5.gif