• The KillerFrogs

No NFL pre-season games this year, rosters cut to 80

TRF51

I wanted to DA and Sewo compete, especially since the Cowboys originally had 5 preseason games.

One or both of them may not get their shot. They are cutting the initial roster from 90-80, meaning some UDFAs probably Won’t ever get the option to even practice.

Atomic Frawg

Think like an owner. Fewer games means less money. Add on to that fewer games with likely smaller attendance (less money spent on parking, concessions, and memorabilia) and you begin to see why they cut the roster.

Last edited:

Wexahu

Think like an owner. Fewer games means less money. Add on to that fewer games with likely smaller attendance (less money spent on parking concessions, and memorabilia) and it you begin to see why they cut the roster.

Just saw where players are demanding full pay no matter how many games are played. So if they start the season and don't finish, they still want to be paid 100% of their salary.

We probably have a ways to go before pro football starts.

HToady

On a one time basis, players that have remaining college eligibility, and signed as UDFAs, under this new arrangement should have their eligibility restored if they want it.

If the NCAA / NFL allow student athletes to leave early to pursue a professional career under a set of guidelines, and those guidelines are not enacted, then all bets off.....even if they got money.

MTfrog5

Just saw where players are demanding full pay no matter how many games are played. So if they start the season and don't finish, they still want to be paid 100% of their salary.

We probably have a ways to go before pro football starts.
Remember when baseball was the one that looked stupid. Football is about to join the conversation

TRF51

I read somewhere that playing with no fans will actually cost the owners more money to play than to not play. That said if the owners are going to lose money the players are going to lose money. Expect the salary cap to go down for next year. Dak should have signed when he had the chance.

Eight

I read somewhere that playing with no fans will actually cost the owners more money to play than to not play. That said if the owners are going to lose money the players are going to lose money. Expect the salary cap to go down for next year. Dak should have signed when he had the chance.

makes sense if you think about it.

if you don't play you have whatever expense you are obligated to and minimal operating expenses.

if you do play you get the tv money, but you also are paying the players, plus the operating costs not only for the games, but the week and testing etc....

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
makes sense if you think about it.

if you don't play you have whatever expense you are obligated to and minimal operating expenses.

if you do play you get the tv money, but you also are paying the players, plus the operating costs not only for the games, but the week and testing etc....
The TV people need the content. Badly. I heard not long ago that of the 100 top rated broadcasts last year, 75 of them were NFL games. That's a crap-ton of ad dollars vanishing into thin air if they don't have the NFL.