• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s going to online-only courses this summer. How that affects football, athletics.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU’s going to online-only courses this summer. How that affects football, athletics.

By Drew Davison

With TCU announcing its plans for an online-only summer course load amid the coronavirus pandemic, most students won’t be on campus until early August. That would seem to suggest that student-athletes wouldn’t be allowed back on campus until early August as well.

However, TCU athletic director Jeremiah Donati said that isn’t necessarily the case, describing the two as “mutually exclusive.”

TCU had to make a decision on the summer courses to allow professors and faculty enough time to prepare and formulate a plan for the curriculum. That doesn’t necessarily mean students won’t be allowed back on campus at some point in the summer, if it’s deemed safe for them to return.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article241907766.html#storylink=cpy

Eight

TCU’s going to online-only courses this summer. How that affects football, athletics.

By Drew Davison

With TCU announcing its plans for an online-only summer course load amid the coronavirus pandemic, most students won’t be on campus until early August. That would seem to suggest that student-athletes wouldn’t be allowed back on campus until early August as well.

However, TCU athletic director Jeremiah Donati said that isn’t necessarily the case, describing the two as “mutually exclusive.”

TCU had to make a decision on the summer courses to allow professors and faculty enough time to prepare and formulate a plan for the curriculum. That doesn’t necessarily mean students won’t be allowed back on campus at some point in the summer, if it’s deemed safe for them to return.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article241907766.html#storylink=cpy

anyone else get the feeling no one is getting back on campus until august at the soonest?

BABYFACE

anyone else get the feeling no one is getting back on campus until august at the soonest?
Only if we listen to perfect world scenarios. But, we don’t live in a perfect world. We have take a more pragmatic approach with balance.

People here in DFW are already tiring of the shutdowns. You can see in the amount of people milling about in public. The golf courses are also pretty steady as I witnessed on Jacksboro Hwy driving pass Rockwood.

It is going to be trying month to get thru April for people. They will not do it for May.

This is based on what I am observing. I work everyday outside of them home and this is what I witness.

Eight

Only if we listen to perfect world scenarios. But, we don’t live in a perfect world. We have take a more pragmatic approach with balance.

People here in DFW are already tiring of the shutdowns. You can see in the amount of people milling about in public. The golf courses are also pretty steady as I witnessed on Jacksboro Hwy driving pass Rockwood.

It is going to be trying month to get thru April for people. They will not do it for May.

This is based on what I am observing. I work everyday outside of them home and this is what I witness.

agree and i do think we will see people return to some form of activity in the next month or so, but i can't see the schools resisting having people on campus in the summer

TCUdirtbag

Im of the opinion that by June1st there will be quite a few students back on campus across the country.

Campuses are mostly empty in June and July. Will be even more so this year. Real question is when staff go back. They’re the suspect population. Once they go back we can start guessing when students will join them.