• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

TCUdirtbag

I think Rhule ends up staying, but would be really intrigued to follow the search if BU has to make a hire. Really late in the process, so (delightfully) he could really screw Baylor.

Sonny Dykes would probably be on that short list, depending on what that SMU buyout looks like. I bet they’d look at taking Hugh Freeze out of their old pal Ian McCaw’s hands at Liberty, too. But those buyouts are probably high and this late in the game they’ll probably have to promote from within and take a chance.

Wexahu

I think Rhule ends up staying, but would be really intrigued to follow the search if BU has to make a hire. Really late in the process, so (delightfully) he could really screw Baylor.

Sonny Dykes would probably be on that short list, depending on what that SMU buyout looks like. I bet they’d look at taking Hugh Freeze out of their old pal Ian McCaw’s hands at Liberty, too. But those buyouts are probably high and this late in the game they’ll probably have to promote from within and take a chance.

I’d be shocked if he’s at Baylor next year. I don’t think you interview for multiple NFL jobs if you don’t intend to take one of them if offered. And I do think he’ll get a good offer this year. He’s as good as gone IMO.

BearlyAFrog

I’d be shocked if he’s at Baylor next year. I don’t think you interview for multiple NFL jobs if you don’t intend to take one of them if offered. And I do think he’ll get a good offer this year. He’s as good as gone IMO.

Offered Jets last year, didn't take it. Giants seem like the ideal team being a New Yorker, but I think any NEastern team would be a "going home" kind of fit for him. I just don't see it happening this year. He said he'd be at Baylor next year and that's that. Doesn't seem like a guy who has his fingers crossed behind his back when he talks. It Belichek decided to hang it up with Brady I could see that organization as a good fit. He really wants to avoid the Jerry Joneses of the league.

Frog-in-law1995

Offered Jets last year, didn't take it. Giants seem like the ideal team being a New Yorker, but I think any NEastern team would be a "going home" kind of fit for him. I just don't see it happening this year. He said he'd be at Baylor next year and that's that. Doesn't seem like a guy who has his fingers crossed behind his back when he talks. It Belichek decided to hang it up with Brady I could see that organization as a good fit. He really wants to avoid the Jerry Joneses of the league.

If he’ll “be at Baylor next year and that’s that,” and “he doesn’t seem like a guy who has his fingers crossed behind his back when he talks,” what do you imagine he’ll say in his interviews with Carolina and the Giants this week?

Mean Purple

Wow, he must be really committed to rapelor to keep interviewing with so many other teams.

jake102

If he doesn't jump to the Giants this year, I don't really know what he's waiting for. Maybe he totally doesn't believe in Daniel Jones (would be a fair assessment) and doesn't want that set-back. Otherwise you have the best RB in the NFL on roster, and have the #4 overall pick this year (where you could take Tua if you don't like Jones).

LisaLT

Actually the reason he didn’t take the Jets job is that they would not allow him to chose his own DC/staff. He was ready to take that job 100%. If the Giants give him more control he be gone.

MTfrog5

If Rhule doesn’t come back, Lynch leaves early and the Temple grad transfer doesn’t go to Baylor. They are going to suck next year if he doesn’t come back. Hell you can make an argument that he leaving the roster in a worse spot than after his first class