• The KillerFrogs

Chris Thomsen is leaving for FSU

wilson912

Sadly it is being reported by the media

2 good coaches lost today

They were highly regarded as recruiters but did their units perform well of late? After the scrimmage with Pine Bluff and the demolition of KU, we struggled to consistently run the ball, except for Duggan. Thomsen’s personality seems very different from Gary’s, maybe not a good fit. Not sure on Luper but he’s been flirting with leaving for a long time. Hopefully they do well.

wilson912

Seriously? Call around to anybody in the college football world and they will tell you Coach Thomsen is easily one of the best OL coaches in the business right now. I love Luper, but coaching RB's isn't a very hard position to coach compared to coaching OL. Thomsen was the one coach on that staff that GP should've done everything possible to keep. Luper was definitely a huge loss for us in recruiting but as far as football knowledge and coaching ability we won't be able to find a hire that is near as good as Coach Thomsen.

i doubt he liked seeing Gary screaming at Sonny all the time

asleep003

Have not read the whole thread ... but wonder if CGP is considering bringing Oliver back on staff as OL coach, where prviously an assistant under Anderson.

y2kFrog

Seriously? Call around to anybody in the college football world and they will tell you Coach Thomsen is easily one of the best OL coaches in the business right now. I love Luper, but coaching RB's isn't a very hard position to coach compared to coaching OL. Thomsen was the one coach on that staff that GP should've done everything possible to keep. Luper was definitely a huge loss for us in recruiting but as far as football knowledge and coaching ability we won't be able to find a hire that is near as good as Coach Thomsen.

Our line play sure wasn’t that great for him to be one of the best of the business. We never seemed to improve from year to year, and towards the end of this year even seem to regress.

Wexahu

Our line play sure wasn’t that great for him to be one of the best of the business. We never seemed to improve from year to year, and towards the end of this year even seem to regress.

I had thought when he came here that he had mainly worked in passing oriented offenses, it could be that his strengths as a coach and offensive philosophy doesn’t really align with the direction GP wants to go. I think GP wants a more physical team, not a bunch of finesse blockers. Doesn’t really explain the retention of Cumbie as the OC though because his background doesn’t fit that either, that’s the hard one to figure out.