• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Lamar

Skip Jansen

I do/dont. Smith needs to shoot out of his slump. Fuller looks Great IMO. Farabello is serviceable. Pearson and Todd are going to be players in future. Todd is long and freaky athletic for a point guard.

Smith will get his shooting stroke back. He lost some of his 'lift' when he hurt his hip.

Skip Jansen

Dennis? Farabello? I agree somewhat. I believe w Dennis Jamie is opting for his intensity and defense. Bello, I couldn’t tell you. He is a game manager.

Bello's contributions are not as easily recognizable. He makes others better.

Here's something to consider-

-In games where Bello has played 20+ minutes, Des is averaging 19 PPG.
-In games he averages less than 20 minutes, Des averages 11 PPG.

If you take out the Air Force game, the numbers are even more dramatic.
- 23 PPG (20+)
- 9 PPG (minus 20)

Dogfrog

IMO we will be very pleased with Farabello as PJ, Smith, and others keep improving. He will be low turnover, get the ball to the right players, and hit some crucial shots. I also really like his defense. He’s the kind of point guard that will allow better athletes to shine unlike what we have seen in the past.

Dogfrog

Bello's contributions are not as easily recognizable. He makes others better.

Here's something to consider-

-In games where Bello has played 20+ minutes, Des is averaging 19 PPG.
-In games he averages less than 20 minutes, Des averages 11 PPG.

If you take out the Air Force game, the numbers are even more dramatic.
- 23 PPG (20+)
- 9 PPG (minus 20)

Beat me to it.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
Fuller looked really good today and I like RJs overall game (13 pts, 7 Reb, 9 Ast) . Samuel had some clutch baskets after Lamar had cut it to 12.
And you can thank me for going. I got there late because of a prior commitment and the score was 14-12 Lamar. We then went on a 19-1 run and Lamar only scored five more points in the half.
The Frogs didn't shoot a free throw until there was 2:08 left in the game and, believe it or not, we were 100% from the line.

Skip Jansen

Fuller looked really good today and I like RJs overall game (13 pts, 7 Reb, 9 Ast) . Samuel had some clutch baskets after Lamar had cut it to 12.
And you can thank me for going. I got there late because of a prior commitment and the score was 14-12 Lamar. We then went on a 19-1 run and Lamar only scored five more points in the half.
The Frogs didn't shoot a free throw until there was 2:08 left in the game and, believe it or not, we were 100% from the line.

Thank you Frog Wild

CountryFrog

Hey Skip, what the hell happened on University going toward I-30 after the game? Literally took me an hour to drive from Park Hill to 30. Was this just a result of Fisher leaving the program or should i blame Dixon?

Skip Jansen

Any long term thoughts on him as a player? Seemed under valued as a high schooler. Michael Carter Williams type body

That's actually a pretty good comp for him. His athleticism and versatility are definitely his strengths.

I like that he is a lefty (change of pace) except he seems to be pretty left-centric. The year off will give him a chance to work on that.

I like him going forward because of the versatility. He may never be TCU's primary PG but he has a chance to see a lot of minutes.

Last edited:

Latest posts