• The KillerFrogs

Is There Any Realistic Hope?

Moose Stuff

Montae Reagor’s tweets??? He’s disappointed we didn’t get his kid the ball more often..... THE END. Literally nothing else to be inferred from what he tweeted.

Frogcrates

No, there is no hope. Please contact me with instructions for how to donate all of your priority points and seat selection position.

Wexahu

Next season, like every other season recently, depends on how healthy we end up being. Of course Cumbie sucked but we missed some of our best receivers this season due to injury.

Taye missed half the season, if not more. We lost Dylan Thomas to injury right when he started being a playmaker. Barkley was supposedly one of the fastest guys on the team but never saw the field. Heights got hurt and was never really a factor after that. Outside of Pro Wells, that left Max with a bunch of guys that couldn't catch the damn ball, and even Wells had some big drops.

I don’t think injuries to receivers had anything to do with our lack of success. That’s just a convenient excuse.

Mean Purple

Let’s be honest. GP is a weirdo. He’s very un -confident, paranoid, lacking in trust. It’s remarkable that he’s had the success he has. He would be a great DC. Look at the history of TCU in the B12 where we now have overall a losing record in conference, and that tells most of the story. His gimmick D isn’t enough to win in this league in the face of the negatives he brings to the program.
People wont like hearing it, but it is what it is. The conf record since joining the Big 12 is telling. And that D gives up big plays and drives when it matters. The blitz calls in pressure situations makes one wonder. Just like offense, we have flashes of ways to play on D (like against whorns and bears) then it is back to dicey.

The TCU Football Jerk

The talent is there. It was said in another post that the offense is not held responsible for mistakes. They make them over and over because their is apparently no punishment. I can remember Andy Dalton getting pulled if he turned the ball over and Patterson discussing it in the media. We have receivers dropping balls left and right. Linemen missing blocks, quarterbacks not making the right reads. But these players do not appear to get corrected. They definitely didn’t get better as the season went on. Attention to detail does not appear to be there anymore. It seems like the better the talent, the lazier the coaching got. Of course, we know coaches are not punished for their positions failing.

Accountability

The TCU Football Jerk

Next season, like every other season recently, depends on how healthy we end up being. Of course Cumbie sucked but we missed some of our best receivers this season due to injury.

Taye missed half the season, if not more. We lost Dylan Thomas to injury right when he started being a playmaker. Barkley was supposedly one of the fastest guys on the team but never saw the field. Heights got hurt and was never really a factor after that. Outside of Pro Wells, that left Max with a bunch of guys that couldn't catch the damn ball, and even Wells had some big drops.

So when are we going to start getting big time college football depth so when we have injuries we don't miss a beat? At this stage of our time in the B12 we ought to be past using injuries as an excuse. And our receivers, including Reagor, have all had their share of drops for more than this year.

McGregor's Goat

I very much worry we’re on the Michigan State path that Dantonio has been on since 2015.

I was thinking about this last night. Last year, Dantonio was faced with a situation where it was clear that he had to make major changes to the offensive coaching staff, and he basically gave a middle finger to the fans by keeping all of his assistants and just swapping around their job titles. The predictable result was the offense continued to be a disaster. I think Patterson is faced with the same test right now. He either makes a major overhaul to the offensive coaching staff, or the program continues to be mired in mediocrity. And TCU has been 6-6 or worse in 3 of the last 4 years, it is a mediocre program right now.

4th. down

I was thinking about this last night. Last year, Dantonio was faced with a situation where it was clear that he had to make major changes to the offensive coaching staff, and he basically gave a middle finger to the fans by keeping all of his assistants and just swapping around their job titles. The predictable result was the offense continued to be a disaster. I think Patterson is faced with the same test right now. He either makes a major overhaul to the offensive coaching staff, or the program continues to be mired in mediocrity. And TCU has been 6-6 or worse in 3 of the last 4 years, it is a mediocre program right now.

Yes, we are a mediocre program now and as time moves on it's like the Boykin/Doctson years were outliers and this current climate is really who we are. GP, you're the big dog, time to bite.