• The KillerFrogs

Frogs get a 4 star Hoops Commit

MTfrog5

Guardian-

I agree with all that. TCU fans will definitely like him.

He is not overly athletic but is extremely skilled. He handles the ball like a much smaller player. Good passer with either hand in traffic and really plays under control.

His rating is undervalued somewhat, by the "recruiting experts", because they tend to value athleticism over skill. They get to call it names like, "upside", "ceiling", etc. so it sounds like they know what they are talking about.

Anyway, excited where the class is headed. This group, combined with last year's, is going to put a banner up.
What kind of banner we talkin...

Eight

nothing wrong with signing a talented and skilled player who understands the value of doing the other things required of winning without the ball and on that high school team i can't imagine he is the focus of the offense (not a knock on frank).

Skip Jansen

nothing wrong with signing a talented and skilled player who understands the value of doing the other things required of winning without the ball and on that high school team i can't imagine he is the focus of the offense (not a knock on frank).

Totally agree.

As athleticism has increased (in college basketball), skill has diminished unfortunately. The developmental component of the game is almost extinct.

With that being said, it's a lot tougher to build a roster today than it was even 5 years ago.

jake102

Bigger than I was dreaming so I’ll take it

source.gif

Rose Bowl

Athleticism trumps skill pretty much every day. Frank won’t jump out the gym or blow by most people but he has basketball skills that will translate.

Farmfrog

I think Rose Bowl was saying athleticism is looked at more than basketball skill. As Skip said scouts look more at athleticism than they do overall basketball skill.

If I’m wrong then I’m sure Rose will correct me.

Rose Bowl

Read your post again.

My poor wording but I stand by the point that athleticism is valued more than pure basketball skills. Even Skip said as much. Frank, as mentioned, isn’t a great athlete but has plenty of basketball skill. I hope I’ve explained it sufficiently.

Moose Stuff

My poor wording but I stand by the point that athleticism is valued more than pure basketball skills. Even Skip said as much. Frank, as mentioned, isn’t a great athlete but has plenty of basketball skill. I hope I’ve explained it sufficiently.

I don’t disagree with that. Post was just a little confusing.

Latest posts