• The KillerFrogs

Cumbie Deserves Credit

There were at least two really nice calls against the defensive schemes that got called back for penalty.
Delayed pass to Barlow who took it in for a td in the 3rd for sure.

TX_Krötenechse

Play calling was fine. It’s nice to see Cumbie adjusting the plan to our strengths.

I think yesterday’s success was a lot more about execution - strong run blocking and excellent RB play, receivers actually making an effort to catch difficult balls, etc ... but unfortunate a lot of that came as a result of Kansas not being good enough to really contest what we were doing.

overall it was a great performance but I’m still nervous about how we will perform against a school with a strong defense. Iowa State should be a great test.

WIN

Play calling was fine. It’s nice to see Cumbie adjusting the plan to our strengths.

I think yesterday’s success was a lot more about execution - strong run blocking and excellent RB play, receivers actually making an effort to catch difficult balls, etc ... but unfortunate a lot of that came as a result of Kansas not being good enough to really contest what we were doing.

overall it was a great performance but I’m still nervous about how we will perform against a school with a strong defense. Iowa State should be a great test.

Count me as one who thinks execution is on the OC.

NewFrogFan

if we’re gonna dog pile Sonny for the SMU game, we gotta give him praise him for today’s game. Only complaint-too much Delton. But I think that was Gary.

So easy a Caveman could do it, JR still needs more slants, those are easy, let him run. 1st TD is an int against the good teams.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Blowing out a really bad Kansas team shouldn’t get you praise given our expectations.

If anything, I’m left wondering why Delton got all those snaps and Collins only a handful.

There’s no way Collins is 3rd string behind Delton.
These type of comments are hilarious. All last week everyone kept saying “don’t sleep on Kansas”. Then frogs blow them out. Cumbie calls a great game. Then narrative turns to how bad Kansas is and not how well the game was coached. Other people have said it wasn’t Cumbie it was player execution. If that were the case then it wasn’t Cumbie calling a bad game against SMU or UAPB it was the players fault for not executing. Can’t have it both ways.

In summary, give credit where its due, people, and don’t be hypocrites.

netty2424

You should have flown in for the game.
I was there. But watching the game with a 4 and 2 year old for any length of tine in that heat is difficult.

That said, I’ll assume you were making a call back joke to flyfishingfrog.

Last edited:

westoverhillbilly

Cumbie's had a tough task of bringing along a true freshman qb.. I'm not sure if Cumbie's a great OC or not, but yesterday was good karma, especially after Duggan threw into double coverage and Dylan Thomas pulled it in for a score..

texas_sicilian

His play calling was much more logical, I’ll give him that. Not sure how much influence CGP may have had, but I’ll take it regardless of how it happened. I only hope it stays consistent.

I’m willing to bet it was Patterson that pushed for Delton to get that many reps. Wished Collins had gotten more, but CGP loves him some Delton.

Moose Stuff

These type of comments are hilarious. All last week everyone kept saying “don’t sleep on Kansas”. Then frogs blow them out. Cumbie calls a great game. Then narrative turns to how bad Kansas is and not how well the game was coached. Other people have said it wasn’t Cumbie it was player execution. If that were the case then it wasn’t Cumbie calling a bad game against SMU or UAPB it was the players fault for not executing. Can’t have it both ways.

In summary, give credit where its due, people, and don’t be hypocrites.

I’ll one up you. They aren’t hilarious. They’re ignorant.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
IIRC, the post-game radio coverage spoke of a 2/3 run to 1/3 pass ratio. Our strength is the running game. We played to our strength. Good.