• The KillerFrogs

Texas faces student section issue after ‘unsafe’ game experience before LSU game.

HFrog12

I would be fine with this kind of interest from TCU students, not that our student section is lousy. I am sure they could tidy up some things but that's basically what you get for any major college football game. Same thing would have happened if LSU played in Amon Carter. Oh yea I forgot, we only play big games at neutral sites. SMH

Purp

Severe sounds like a whiney little [ hundin]. I get being upset but what is an apology gonna do for you at this point?
Yeah, I was thinking a Severe case of entitled pansy. If you're going to be in a large crowd expect boat like that to happen. If it's too much for you don't go.

This jut struck me as a kid who isn't comfortable around others, especially that many people, b/c texting with 20 friends at one time has been the preferred way of "hanging out" since middle school.

I don't think wanting to avoid being trampled by a huge mass of people or expecting some semblance of organization when entering a football game is unreasonable. If they were complaining about it being too crowded in the student section, sure, suck it up buttercup. But calling someone a pansy for wanting to make sure the student section is for students and that appropriate bag checks are performed for people entering seems pretty reasonable to me.

Eight

talking to the friend of our son who lives in austin and was among a group of 5 mid to the late 20's who had been bar hopping all day and decided to see if they could find a way in imagine several thousand people, many who had been drinking all day out in the heat, entering through a few common gates, little to no staff, no real security, and no attempt at organization.

once those gates people poured in like an english soccer mob, no id checks, no ticket checks, just a wave of people.

texas half-assed it and they are lucky no one got seriously hurt

tetonfrog

I would be pissed as hell if I got there at 11 am and waited all bleeping day to get in only to get run over by a mass of drunken pukes who rushed the gate at the last minute. It would be even worse if I got run over and hurt, too.

It is a football game entrance not a mosh pit. UT got lucky no one was seriously injured. CDC is a sharp guy. He will fix this. This a is a huge potential lawsuit waiting to happen. I am surprised nothing has been filed yet.

HFrog1999

Pretty ridiculous and unacceptable for the University of Texas to not be able to handle a large game day crowd

I know their attendance has sucked for a few years, but they used to be big time program.

If you want to see how horrible bad crowd control can get, lookup the Hillsborough Disaster. There are some horrible pictures you can’t unsee.

MTfrog5

Pretty ridiculous and unacceptable for the University of Texas to not be able to handle a large game day crowd

I know their attendance has sucked for a few years, but they used to be big time program.

If you want to see how horrible bad crowd control can get, lookup the Hillsborough Disaster. There are some horrible pictures you can’t unsee.
There is a really good documentary on that. Think it was a 30 for 30 done years ago