• The KillerFrogs

Max Duggan should be our starting quarterback.

ThisIsOurTime

It matters not. We are going to need them both. I am not sure we can protect Duggan against tougher competition. And Delton is a good enough runner that we would want to use him anyway especially in the red zone. It won't matter who the QB is if our WRs and RBs can't get rid of the drops and protect the ball better.

Froggish

He had some nice throws but man he had some really bad ones also. Missed some wide open receivers on multiple occasions.

Yes he did...but all the talk about him giving the offense juice was correct. He will make mistakes but there is no question he gave us a passing game that Delton did not. As far as I’m concerned, the only argument that anyone could make is that we haven’t seen either one of them with the whole playbook. What we did see Duggan was clearly better and it really wasn’t close

Moose Stuff

It matters not. We are going to need them both. I am not sure we can protect Duggan against tougher competition. And Delton is a good enough runner that we would want to use him anyway especially in the red zone. It won't matter who the QB is if our WRs and RBs can't get rid of the drops and protect the ball better.

You’re not sure we can protect him? SMH.

Froggish

I think we can protect him. Even in years where we’ve struggled across the O-line, it’s not really been in pass protection. Last year we had no push from the inside and we really didn’t see a lot tonight either. Your right though, we will need both of them to get through the season.

Well, there's practice and there's actual games. I haven't been there for practice but the upside of Duggan over Delton was plainly apparent and if GP really does judge QB's by what they do in games, then I don't know what the argument is for him not starting against Purdue.

robbroyy

Well, there's practice and there's actual games. I haven't been there for practice but the upside of Duggan over Delton was plainly apparent and if GP really does judge QB's by what they do in games, then I don't know what the argument is for him not starting against Purdue.
That if the WRs did their jobs that this is a much different conversation. I’d be shocked if GP doesn’t go with Delton to start on the road.

Purdue at night is as dangerous as any game in Ames or Lubbock. Delton will start to avoid any huge jittery mistakes early on. He’s seen all the big time environments and Duggan hasn’t. GP doesn’t care if we win 3-2 and neither do I. Purdue here would probably be a 10-14 pt win. Purdue there we’re at best pick em and probably a 3 pt dog.

SwissArmyFrog

But Duggan did better than Delton when both faced lesser competition, IMHO. We’ll see! I’m certainly not convinced CGP will start Duggan vs Purdue, though I think he should..

That if the WRs did their jobs that this is a much different conversation. I’d be shocked if GP doesn’t go with Delton to start on the road.

Purdue at night is as dangerous as any game in Ames or Lubbock. Delton will start to avoid any huge jittery mistakes early on. He’s seen all the big time environments and Duggan hasn’t. GP doesn’t care if we win 3-2 and neither do I. Purdue here would probably be a 10-14 pt win. Purdue there we’re at best pick em and probably a 3 pt dog.

y2kFrog

To be honest completing 45% of your passes against APB is not a ringing endorsement for any QB.