• The KillerFrogs

TCU Baseball @ West Virginia - Game 2

76132Frog

anyone get the final pitch count on King?
1f4c8.png
http://bit.ly/2VGUc3f

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Divorces his wife and dark cloud lifted over his team?
Well, those of us who have been through such a thing sometimes find holding things in and keeping up appearances can be incredibly stressful. It shows up in other areas of your life where you vent that frustration in inappropriate ways. If - and I don't know that it is - but if that altered the way he approached the team, then shedding that weight may lift spirits around the individual and not just for him.

Plus, if the team didn't know (another thing I'm not certain of), learning it may open their minds to context that helps them understand better why things have been a certain way around the clubhouse. Maybe it helps them relax.

No matter what though, any coincidental or related side effect on team performance is really not that important in the grand scheme of things, versus how Coach and his family make it through the sad times ahead. I very much hope it will be amicable and reasonably conducted, because I have experience with that as well and it is partially healing. I wouldn't want to experience the alternative

Froggish

Hopefully we can get hot and make some noise in the Big12 Tourney....We are still TCU Baseball and I don’t think anyone will be thrilled about drawing us...

flyfishingfrog

Guessing the lineup changes have had more to do with the last two games than Schloss’ personal life finally becoming more public

King throwing two complete games in the last month is pretty huge not only for the team but also for Charles

He seems to have solidified our shaky Saturday starting role

tetonfrog

Well, those of us who have been through such a thing sometimes find holding things in and keeping up appearances can be incredibly stressful. It shows up in other areas of your life where you vent that frustration in inappropriate ways. If - and I don't know that it is - but if that altered the way he approached the team, then shedding that weight may lift spirits around the individual and not just for him.

I do not know coach Schloss, but my brother went through a divorce that absolutely kicked his ass. He really struggled to keep his professionalism and he was just a college professor. I can't imagine the stress that coach has been under while he has been dealing with this.

It all worked out well for my brother and I hope it will for coach Schloss. Best wishes to him and his family. Hopefully, the cloud has been lifted and this team will start playing and winning like a TCU baseball team usually does. This series is a great start.

Pharm Frog

Horns lose 1-0 @ KU....

The knife is about halfway driven in at this point, wow

Worth noting something about KU at this point. They beat Okie Lite 2 of 3 after getting hammered in G1 27-6. They lost their series to WVU 1-2 but lost G1 1-0, lost G2 4-3 in 11 innings, and won G3 6-5 and now they've taken the first two from the Whorns. I know two of their lefties very well and both have the type of breaking pitches that have been known to give the Frogs fits. We could also see them invert their pitching rotation or arrange it in the order they think can give them the best chance for taking 2 of 3. Would love to see a sweep of them at home but very dubious that this will happen. Only OU has swept them and that was in their first conference series.

Pharm Frog

Have made a big move this weekend for sure although we dropped back to #72 in the last hour which isn't quite as magical as #69. Last year we sat at #57 with a run to the finals of the Big12 tournament and were left out. Would be very nice to sweep this series tomorrow and win both series with Tech and KU. Still not sure that would be enough to get an at large nod but it would give us a chance. One major difference to this point is that we are 9-10 against Q1's so far this season and last season we went 6-17 against Q1. Would be really nice to see a positive record against that quadrant.

Pharm Frog

And just as I typed that last post, we go back to #69 but our Q1 ratio changes as UT falls out of Q1. Would really like to see them hang around #49 and still not get a plane ticket to Bricktown. I still have a sneakin' suspicion that K-State will be the odd team out although UT has lost the H2H tiebreaker with both K-State and KU.