• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Wexahu

Right. I forgot about Frost. And, Lincoln is like what 25? Kingsbury HC in the NFL at 33 or so. I gotta realize it’s just a factor of getting old. I get old and everyone else gets younger. Ha. I do wonder when and where experienced coaches go?

Tom Landry was 36 when he got the Cowboys job. Don Shula was 33 when he got the Colts job. So yeah, I think you’re right, you’re getting old!

Paint It Purple

Tom Landry was 36 when he got the Cowboys job. Don Shula was 33 when he got the Colts job. So yeah, I think you’re right, you’re getting old!
Wow. I knew Landry was young. Didn’t realize Shula. I guess when you’re a pup, the guys in those positions seems so mature and experienced. Might shock me to know how old Lombardi was when he got the Packers job. You know when I was in school and the guys from the 50’s and 60’s would stop by like Swink, Floyd, Bulaich, we thought they were so old. In reality they were in their 30’s &40’s.

Wexahu

Wow. I knew Landry was young. Didn’t realize Shula. I guess when you’re a pup, the guys in those positions seems so mature and experienced. Might shock me to know how old Lombardi was when he got the Packers job. You know when I was in school and the guys from the 50’s and 60’s would stop by like Swink, Floyd, Bulaich, we thought they were so old. In reality they were in their 30’s &40’s.

Lombardi was a grizzled 46. Landry and Shula always looked 70 to me when I was a kid, even 10 years before they quit. They were both done by age 65. Kinda crazy.

TCURiggs

Sean McVay, who will be coaching the Rams in the Super Bowl, is 32...

Wexahu

Just looking at this class on paper, if we can land this last group of guys we seem to be in the lead for I'd say it has a chance to be the best one we've ever had. Really good QB, three solid OL prospects, a few good D-lineman, two really good RBs, and some really good athletes to play DB/WR....and a punter! Of course who knows how they'll work out and not sure if any are grade risks but just seems like the potential for dead weight is lower than other classes we've had.

Moose Stuff

Just looking at this class on paper, if we can land this last group of guys we seem to be in the lead for I'd say it has a chance to be the best one we've ever had. Really good QB, three solid OL prospects, a few good D-lineman, two really good RBs, and some really good athletes to play DB/WR....and a punter! Of course who knows how they'll work out and not sure if any are grade risks but just seems like the potential for dead weight is lower than other classes we've had.

Best ever might be a stretch but I totally agree this is a very solid class and better than it gets credit for from many on here.

McFroggin

If our 2nd RB in Barlow decommits, we will be scrambling for the 2nd year in a row at RB.