• The KillerFrogs

ROCK BOTTOM

matmoo123

It was sad getting whipped by a 3 man front today. Not the Alabama 3 man front, but the WVU 3 man front. Yes, there were times when they blitzed several other guys, but by second half, they were getting to us with the front 3. Ugly.

4 Oaks Frog

Disagree

I’m watching this team play their arses off and WVU is just head and shoulders better than we are.

We are bad and we’ve been bad almost all year. We’ve played a couple good quarters the entire season.... The first half against OSU, the first half against Texas, the first quarter against WVU, and the 2nd half against SMU. That’s it.

I don’t see anyone out there quitting. They’re fighting for extra yards and appear to be playing hard in general.

We just suck at football. That’s our problem
“We suck at football. That is our problem.” That is a sad statement. I happen to agree, but let’s examine the reasons that it is true. Maybe it is because our stadium is old and falling apart in need of renovations. Maybe it is beasuse our practice facilities are third rate, all outside, and needing renovation and repair. Perhaps it is because our locker room is out of date, depressing, uninviting in need of renovation. Maybe it is because our athletic dorms and lounge are crowded, depressing, bug ridden and undesirable. Perhaps is it the quality of the second, third and fourth tier athletes that choose to play football at TCU...no stars and lowly recruited. It could be that we hire the worst of coaches whom we pay only pennies on the dollar, and expect them to work hard while on food stamps, while sharing one small office in the corner of our run down stadium. Perhaps it is us, the fans who never travel, never attend 11am hot as scheiss games, never ever pay more and more for our tickets, never support and defend our players and coaches. For an “old” that suffered through the lean years, and I mean LEAN, all of these could have been and were our excuses. And, in the off chance we did win a game we were estastic. Obviously, we can’t use those excuses now.

SO, WHAT IS IT? IMO our guys lack motivation. There seems to be no fire in their belly. I don’t see a clear leader on the team that promotes extra effort. Who is the leader on the sideline? I don’t see one. When you are inside the ten with two yards for a first, and you roll out with nothing but green in front of you, why do you not bust your balls to make? At least give it an effort instead of laying down before you are every touched. GODDAMNIT COLLINS!! YOU COULD HAVE MADE THAT FIRST AND GOAL!!! You think anybody told him that...team mate or coach? We have few on this team that make extra effort, but certainly not all. Someone must take hold of this team, and tell them to bust their ass, or there there is someone the bench that will. Someone on the team must step up and say this half assed [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] must end. Don’t think it will happen this year...
GO FROGS!
BEAT baylor!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe] and half assess efforts!!

Chongo94

“We suck at football. That is our problem.” That is a sad statement. I happen to agree, but let’s examine the reasons that it is true. Maybe it is because our stadium is old and falling apart in need of renovations. Maybe it is beasuse our practice facilities are third rate, all outside, and needing renovation and repair. Perhaps it is because our locker room is out of date, depressing, uninviting in need of renovation. Maybe it is because our athletic dorms and lounge are crowded, depressing, bug ridden and undesirable. Perhaps is it the quality of the second, third and fourth tier athletes that choose to play football at TCU...no stars and lowly recruited. It could be that we hire the worst of coaches whom we pay only pennies on the dollar, and expect them to work hard while on food stamps, while sharing one small office in the corner of our run down stadium. Perhaps it is us, the fans who never travel, never attend 11am hot as scheiss games, never ever pay more and more for our tickets, never support and defend our players and coaches. For an “old” that suffered through the lean years, and I mean LEAN, all of these could have been and were our excuses. And, in the off chance we did win a game we were estastic. Obviously, we can’t use those excuses now.

SO, WHAT IS IT? IMO our guys lack motivation. There seems to be no fire in their belly. I don’t see a clear leader on the team that promotes extra effort. Who is the leader on the sideline? I don’t see one. When you are inside the ten with two yards for a first, and you roll out with nothing but green in front of you, why do you not bust your balls to make? At least give it an effort instead of laying down before you are every touched. GODDAMNIT COLLINS!! YOU COULD HAVE MADE THAT FIRST AND GOAL!!! You think anybody told him that...team mate or coach? We have few on this team that make extra effort, but certainly not all. Someone must take hold of this team, and tell them to bust their ass, or there there is someone the bench that will. Someone on the team must step up and say this half assed [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] must end. Don’t think it will happen this year...
GO FROGS!
BEAT baylor!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe] and half assess efforts!!

All I’m gonna say is that, yesterday, Collins was one of the few that actually looked like they gave a damn so I think you’re a bit off here regarding him. That said, there definitely appears to be a lack of urgency or fire or whatever you wish to term it, they look very uninspired for the most part.

But motivation or fire is the least of our worries/issues in my opinion.

4 Oaks Frog

This is not rock bottom. I lived through a couple of decades of rock bottom. This is one really bad season.
I don’t like the idea of this being rock bottom either. No, we are not there. Like you, I know. But, a total of -7 yards rushing is pretty dad-gum close. I just hope someone wakes up and steps up, and we find a way to win these two last games...
GO FROGS!
BEAT baylor!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
I see four major problems on offense.

First: our O-line is missing blocks and getting beat to often, that is obvious.

Second: our QB holds the ball to long, causing part of the problem with problem number one.

Third: we don't have a hot route to offset a blitz. Either we don't have one or the receivers aren't running it. Thus defenses keep blitzing us and are successful doing it.

Fourth: this effects the first two problems all the time. Our receivers don't run crisp routes and rarely get open. Thus problem number two, and then problem number one follows. Other than Reager, who is considerably better than all of our others, and Barber, I have not seen another receiver who can be depended on to catch a pass, let along get open. Example, in todays game one of our receivers ran a lazy route like he often does, then was hit by a defender. After being hit, he throws his hands up instead of trying to catch the pass that sailed right passed him. He was even called out by the announcers for acting, (Austin), run your route crisply and catch the ball.
This causes more problems than folks realize. We don't run slants, thus allowing the QB to get rid of the ball quickly. We don't have receivers that run crisp routes, other than Reagar and Barber, thus our QB is stuck with the ball way to long causing problem number one.
If this team is to win the next two, someone has to address the receivers and their route running along with the lack of routes that allows the QB to get rid of the ball quickly.
These are just my opinions, but I played ball and even coached for a while. There are solutions and obvious ones, but someone has to be strong enough to call them out and implement them. Kind of like leaving an ineffective QB as the starter for way to many games. Now make some changes and lets see some improvement.

Stop making sense.