• The KillerFrogs

Alma mater after the KU game

sketchy

The subject of this thread proves that this is the absolute beauty of message boards!!
Where people can sit, [ hundin], and moan, about the most trivial of trivial topics.....and kind of sad, because I think some of y’all are truly offended by something so corny.

Fun read though, so please carry on :)

SuperTFrog

The subject of this thread proves that this is the absolute beauty of message boards!!
Where people can sit, [ hundin], and moan, about the most trivial of trivial topics.....and kind of sad, because I think some of y’all are truly offended by something so corny.

Fun read though, so please carry on :)
I am not one who gets offended easily. I just posted about that recently on another thread that we are a society that gets offended at EVERYTHING. I went to the TCU vs Syracuse game in Detroit. After we lost, the team came over and we sang the alma mater and I was so proud to be a Frog because of everything that game meant to our B-ball program. That means a lot to me and to a lot of other fans. I think a lot of people are proud to be Frogs and the singing of the alma mater means something. Not everybody feels the same way and that is ok.

Pharm Frog

Still reeling from the thought that someone thinks Steelfrog is GP

This means it’s working just like Sun Tzu said it would. To wit:

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

flyfishingfrog

I want answers. Patterson is paid very, very well. I'm not calling for him to be fired. But, he could have easily said it was a safety issue if that was the case. I think its lack of leadership. From top down. He is the head coach. Make the tough decisions that come with the position he is in. Provide answers. Solution. Not just apologies.
why don't you read up a little on the home team requirements to protect the visitors from fans and then the visitors team's responsibility related to the that protection and get back to me with some plausible scenarios about why it happened that way...

SuperTFrog

why don't you read up a little on the home team requirements to protect the visitors from fans and then the visitors team's responsibility related to the that protection and get back to me with some plausible scenarios about why it happened that way...
If that is the case, why did GP apologize? Why not say it is protocol to get the team off the field when the home team rushes the field?

flyfishingfrog

If that is the case, why did GP apologize? Why not say it is protocol to get the team off the field when the home team rushes the field?
he probably apologized because we have a bunch of fans that went up there, expected it and it didn't happen - so he was sorry.

Does he have to be "in the wrong" or "for it to have been intentional" to apologize or could he just be sorry it didn't happen and apologize for it?

But yes, under the B12 rules the home team has the responsibility to provide a controlled and unobstructed path of the field for the visiting team to exit if necessary and the visiting team is expected to use it immediately - not hang around and shake hands, sign autographs, sing songs or hug family members.

Normally it is not a big deal because not many games involve the home team winning a game big enough to rush the field - so it doesn't come up that often I guess.