• The KillerFrogs

Alma mater after the KU game

Dogfrog

I want answers. Patterson is paid very, very well. I'm not calling for him to be fired. But, he could have easily said it was a safety issue if that was the case. I think its lack of leadership. From top down. He is the head coach. Make the tough decisions that come with the position he is in. Provide answers. Solution. Not just apologies.

If I had to guess, the only reasons I can think of this happened was a combination of shame (as others suggested) and disgust, including with himself. Probably did not want to delay for one moment the need to immediately have a come to Jesus among his coaches and himself. I don’t like the fact that they didn’t stop for the alma mater, but nothing in his 20 year career here would make me think he wasn’t doing what he thought best for the future of his struggling team.

T-Ray

This is sad to hear for sure...But, when we only have 10-20% of fans that hang around in the stands for it, at home, win or lose...I can't get too riled up.

Last edited:

Brog

[QUOTE="Land Frog, I want answers. Patterson is paid very, very well. I'm not calling for him to be fired. But, he could have easily said it was a safety issue if that was the case. I think its lack of leadership. From top down. He is the head coach. Make the tough decisions that come with the position he is in. Provide answers. Solution. Not just apologies.[/QUOTE]

well, that settles it. If Land Frog WANTS ANSWERS, then by Gawd, somebody's got to give answers! And I'm sure Gary and wife are relieved that Land Frog is not demanding that he be fired.

Dogfrog

You’ve either never had any of their beer, or know absolutely nothing about beer.

Sick burn though, enjoy your Coors Light.

I’ve had plenty of Peticolas and liked it but following further contemplation two things changed my mind:

1. It’s made in Dallas
2. You chose to associate the beer with a give-up attitude.

(And you misspelled imminent) lol

I want answers. Patterson is paid very, very well. I'm not calling for him to be fired. But, he could have easily said it was a safety issue if that was the case. I think its lack of leadership. From top down. He is the head coach. Make the tough decisions that come with the position he is in. Provide answers. Solution. Not just apologies.
Good grief.

HFrog12

Good grief he apologized. He doesn’t personally owe you the alma mater. He obviously said it was a mistake. I have a pretty good feeling he was more upset than you at the end of the game and thinking less clearly than you.

4 Oaks Frog

He doesn’t owe you anything! No where in his work agreement does it say explain all to Landfrog and all other fans. And how much he gets paid doesn’t make one bit of difference, either. He’s not teaching your children, or spending your tax money. The school paid up LAWHCGMFP to make sure he didn’t bolt for another school. And quite honestly, I am glad that they did. How about you? Gary owes me and you and all of the other Frog fans the best and most honerable football team he can field. This year that team is not very good, and something tell me he looses more sleep over that than anyone posting on this or any other fan site. For some reason the team missed singing the school song. No one owes us any reason why. It scheissing happened. Gary scheissing apologized for it. Can we just scheissing forget about it and just be pissed about loosing to Kansas?!?
GO FROGS!
BEAT ksu!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Last edited:

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
He doesn’t owe you anything! No where in his work agreement does it say explain all to Landfrog and all other fans. And how much he gets paid doesn’t make one bit of difference, either. He’s not teaching your children, or spending your tax money. The school paid up LAWHCGMFP to make sure he didn’t bolt for another school. And quite honestly, I am glad that they did. How about you? Gary owes me and you and all of the other Frog fans the best and most honerable football team he can field. This year that team is not very good, and something tell me he looses more sleep over that than anyone posting on this or any other fan site. For some reason the team missed singing the school song. No one owes us any reason why. It scheissing happened. Gary scheissing apologized for it. Can we just scheissing forget about it and just be pissed about loosing to Kansas?!?
GO FROGS!
BEAT ksu!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!
Its LOSING people!!

Not loosing.

Dman890

The people who “demand answers why” or who don’t care entirely are missing the point.

This doesn’t matter but just another symptom all is not right within the leadership. Coaches + players.

CountryFrog

Let's be honest here. If we'd won yesterday 58-0 then most people probably wouldn't care at all about this. We're all upset that we lost to Kansas and that's what makes people mad about this or what GP says in the press conference, or how many players were smiling after the game, etc.

There are about 63 things that happened in yesterday's game that bother me more than this.

Mean Purple

Kansas stormed the field. Patterson has long had a view that, at that point, get off the field quickly. Too many things can happen. Someone there probably sent something to the Don. So Patterson likely sent that as a response.

Doubt he looks or even asks about boards like this. Coaches don't have time. Especially after a road game. And much less time when he is trying to piece together a defense. Basically adds to the hours they are already over on. Sundays are big review and plan days. Lots of game film to watch before the rest of staff gets instructions on their segments.