• The KillerFrogs

Alma mater after the KU game

Peacefrog

Degenerate
So, you think it's okay that it happened?
Do you know why it happened? Do you have any evidence or understanding?

See, before I get all bent out of shape I like to understand things and not just react in some overly emotional way.

Here are two possible scenarios:

1) The game ended wildly. KU fans were rushing the field. Reporters looking for GP’s time. Injuries needed to be attended to. And in all the hoopla singing the alma mater was forgotten.

2) GP said “screw the fans. They can go darn themselves” and skipped the alma mater to be malicious.

Considering the track record, difficult season, Turpin and the loss of his parents I choose to offer grace rather than hostility.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.

See, before I get all bent out of shape I like to understand things and not just react in some overly emotional way.

1) The game ended wildly. KU fans were rushing the field. Reporters looking for GP’s time. Injuries needed to be attended to. And in all the hoopla singing the alma mater was forgotten.

2) GP said “screw the fans. They can go darn themselves” and skipped the alma mater to be malicious.

Considering the track record, difficult season, Turpin and the loss of his parents I choose to offer grace rather than hostility.
I know that if I were a player, going into hiding would be a top priority.

watchfrog

I don’t recall the team doing it in Austin this season either. Granted the band & fans were watching from higher altitude than earlier years.

Bruce Berry

He apologized for a reason.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!

Normally, I agree with many of your posts. This take I dont. Fans travelled to Kansas to support the team. KANSAS! The team, led by coaches, not just Gary, always do this after a game. To me, it is just unacceptable.

It is time for some accountability in this program. Patterson keeps making apologies. He admitted they could have done more in the Turpin situation. He apologized about this. But, what are the solutions Gary? He will talk in his normal "coach speak" this week, but he is paid enough to provide answers in his program.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
He apologized for a reason.
Yes because a mistake was made. Why would he apologize for being intentionally malicious?

You think whatever you want. If you want to be outraged, then by all means be outraged. I’m going to go enjoy my day with the knowledge that GP has a track record of doing the right thing. I’m sure as hell not going to get bent over the small things.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Normally, I agree with many of your posts. This take I dont. Fans travelled to Kansas to support the team. KANSAS! The team, led by coaches, not just Gary, always do this after a game. To me, it is just unacceptable.

It is time for some accountability in this program. Patterson keeps making apologies. He admitted they could have done more in the Turpin situation. He apologized about this. But, what are the solutions Gary? He will talk in his normal "coach speak" this week, but he is paid enough to provide answers in his program.
Well then we just won’t agree. Not a big deal.

netty2424

If I had to guess, which is exactly what I’m doing here, they wanted the team off the field to avoid the KU fans on the field. Given the loss, given the opponent, emotions were probably everywhere but in a good place.

Just takes one drunk student to get out of line, and it’s the player who’s held accountable.

If this is the reason, I take zero issue with it.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Look the coach apologized. What do you want?
I want answers. Patterson is paid very, very well. I'm not calling for him to be fired. But, he could have easily said it was a safety issue if that was the case. I think its lack of leadership. From top down. He is the head coach. Make the tough decisions that come with the position he is in. Provide answers. Solution. Not just apologies.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I want answers. Patterson is paid very, very well. I'm not calling for him to be fired. But, he could have easily said it was a safety issue if that was the case. I think its lack of leadership. From top down. He is the head coach. Make the tough decisions that come with the position he is in. Provide answers. Solution. Not just apologies.
I bet you get your wish in this week’s press conference.

froginmn

You want answers?

You can't handle the truth!

I personally think people on this board, including you in this case, are unrealistic about what they expect.

I think it was a big miss to not sing the alma mater. But this year has been an emotional mess for coach P, including the loss of both parents. Do you need him to say that coaching a game in Kansas caused him to lose track of that tradition?

Or can we just say it's OK, and they should do their best to make sure it doesn't happen in the future.?

Last edited:

TCUWIN

Maybe he was giving an interview and didn’t realize the team and coaches were off the field already. If so he’s going to rip someone’s ass.
Problem is he doesn’t rip anyone anymore. He and this staff have gone soft. Very complacent. He alluded to it before the first game when he said the hey have been too soft on the players. After years of complaining about the fans, he finally got fans traveling and then he lets that happen. Better not ever complain about the crowds again.