• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Charges dropped against former QB Trevone Boykin

Spike

An initial online article in the DMN that I read said the police found MJ and a weapon in a bag in the car. I've gone back to find that article on-line and it is gone. Either the initial report of a weapon turned out to be false and the DMN removed it or since Boykin was not charged with illegal possession of the weapon, the DMN (and others) dropped that and re-focused their reporting on the actual charges.

Where did the illegal aliens get Batman costumes? These are the kinds of questions that keep me awake at night.

Spike

Exactly. I went back and read a number of reports on this and not one mentioned a weapon being found.

We could continue to sensationalize this with some other stuff - like I heard the police searched his Gucci bag and found 100 tons of marijuana, 29 AR-15 rifles, an M1 Abrams tank modified for moon warfare, Siberian tiger eggs, and 987 illegal immigrants all wearing Batman costumes. The case is still pending.

Is Satis part of this conspiracy?

Tom Brown

Exactly. I went back and read a number of reports on this and not one mentioned a weapon being found.

We could continue to sensationalize this with some other stuff - like I heard the police searched his Gucci bag and found 100 tons of marijuana, 29 AR-15 rifles, an M1 Abrams tank modified for moon warfare, Siberian tiger eggs, and 987 illegal immigrants all wearing Batman costumes. The case is still pending.

+4 for siberian tiger eggs

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.

Are you being facetious?

Not surprising. Many of the lawyers who looked at this case said this would happen. Now that the PI charge has been dropped, the other charges will likely be dropped too. DPD arrested him on the PI, which gave them the right to search his bag in which they found the MJ and a weapon. So now the rest of the charges will probably be dropped since the DPD and the prosecutor have lost their "probable cause" to search his bag. He was a passenger in the car, so no charges there. Can only hope TB has learned his lesson -- be careful who you hang out with, drop the drugs (you don't need them), and if you have a weapon, make sure it's legal (you have a CCP for it).
I disagree. Most c misdemeanors that are the predicate for higher charges are dropped in favor of letting the higher court litigate the propriety of the initial c charge. No ADA wants his search litigated in muni court. No city prosecutor wants to flub a suppression hearing or trial and thereby lose the basis for another prosecutor’s higher charge. The whole ball of wax will be analyzed by the misdemeanor ADA, unfettered by any ruling in a lower court

Jim Bob Cooter

Some folks on this board need to send him an apology

Literally about 99.99% of PI’s get dismissed. It can range from prosecutorial discretion, to the officer not showing up. (This happens a lot)

But a great deal of people will simply take a 90 day deferred, where if they don’t get another related offense, then the charges are “dismissed.” This will come as a result of either a guilty or a no contest plea. Either way - when the judge accepts the plea, he or she will say “I am finding that there is enough evidence to find you guilty of such charge, however I am withholding that finding a guilt...”

Nobody owes any apology. The “dismissal” was the most likely result all along.

Tom Brown

Literally about 99.99% of PI’s get dismissed. It can range from prosecutorial discretion, to the officer not showing up. (This happens a lot)

But a great deal of people will simply take a 90 day deferred, where if they don’t get another related offense, then the charges are “dismissed.” This will come as a result of either a guilty or a no contest plea. Either way - when the judge accepts the plea, he or she will say “I am finding that there is enough evidence to find you guilty of such charge, however I am withholding that finding a guilt...”

Nobody owes any apology. The “dismissal” was the most likely result all along.

Whatever helps you sleep.