• The KillerFrogs

FWST: VOTE: Besides Mayfield, who from OU should TCU be most concerned with Saturday?

EdKamen

My wife.

She's an OU grad ... and has never watched an entire Sooner football game. She will watch with me Saturday, and is rooting for the Frogs wholeheartedly.

I am concerned.

Well seeing that they beat the brakes off us last time and any non-homer would clearly see holding them scoreless in the second half after they applied the mercy rule, was all smoke and mirrors. Ima say the whole two deep on the offensive side of the ball plus the coaches.

kidkarr

Well seeing that they beat the brakes off us last time and any non-homer would clearly see holding them scoreless in the second half after they applied the mercy rule, was all smoke and mirrors. Ima say the whole two deep on the offensive side of the ball plus the coaches.
I bet you are a blast at parties!

Zubaz

I'm more worried about Rodney Anderson than Bakefield. That guy single handedly torched us the whole night in Norman and his QB's play had precious little to do with his night.
This is the right answer. Personal feelings aside, Mayfield is the best QB in college football, but he's not that much better than guys like Rudolph or Grier. Those guys got their yards on us, sure, but we could limit them when it counted. Similarly, Mayfield's stats against us were good, but they weren't mind-blowing.

Anderson has been one of the best college football backs the past few weeks, including our game, AND we saw last week some trouble covering RB's over the middle. We need to control Anderson, and more importantly we need to tackle him when we get the first opportunity.

TCURiggs

Whoever their best OT is. Our DEs got completely shut down last time.

I re-watched the game again a couple of nights ago, and it just really went downhill after Boesen got tossed at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. He made a couple of great plays early, and Banogu obviously benefits when he's in the game, so I think we're going to look much better up front defensively on Saturday. Hope the same can be said offensively as well with Morris getting more snaps.

Sebastian S

Watched the 2nd half replay for the first time.

We did a better job of tackling. I am not saying they let off but they were still trying, just not as aggressive.

We definitely played better than the 1st.

There were a lot of missed opportunities to get back in that game.

Purp

I re-watched the game again a couple of nights ago, and it just really went downhill after Boesen got tossed at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. He made a couple of great plays early, and Banogu obviously benefits when he's in the game, so I think we're going to look much better up front defensively on Saturday. Hope the same can be said offensively as well with Morris getting more snaps.
Boesen going out was a double psychological whammy. Not only did we lose a strong pass rusher for the rest of the game, but they had 3rd a very long after that play and the penalty made it 1st and 10. Prior to that play they had not moved the ball very well aside from their opening drive. I agree with you that the Boesen ejection was a huge turning point. I said it several times to my wife during that game.