• The KillerFrogs

Recent content by westoverhillbilly

1. W

FWST: TCU faces pivotal two-game stretch to close regular season

He was limping badly last week and I don’t think he was faking it. Players do get pressured by coaches to play hurt and maybe he has been cleared. I just don’t know enough about the guy to formulate an opinion. We sure could use him.
  2. W

NO MORE WBAP 820 AM FOR TCU FOOTBALL. MOVING to KZPS 92.5 FM in 2024.

I listen to some AM stations in my Tesla but it comes through a streaming service that I subscribe to as there’s no old fashioned dial like most of us grew up with.
  3. W

TCU social media trolls Cincinnati and skyline chili after win

You're right- I just tended to link all Cincinnati chili together as Skyline but it's not technically correct. Thx.
  4. W

TCU social media trolls Cincinnati and skyline chili after win

My curiosity in Skyline chili ended in summer/'21 when my wife and I were eating it at Camp Washington chili parlor in a very rough section of Cincinnati. We were just served our chili/spagetti at the counter when we were told to get on the floor because there was a shoot out occurring outside...
  5. W

Heartland College Sports: TCU QB Josh Hoover Focused on Leadership Ahead of Sophomore Season

As do almost all of us I believe. This kid works his tail off and shows leadership ability. He'll be able to use his feet too this year- something he didn't get to do until late in the season. Even though he's not a breakaway run threat like Max, he has a more accurate arm and could be another...
  6. W

GoFrogs: Construction Underway on $50 Million Donor-Funded Human Performance Center Projects

NIL money is directed not from the University but from supporters.. Your point does make one wonder if donors/supporters would better serve the program by putting cash into players' pockets thru NIL deals rather than building over the top facilities.
  7. W

2024 Big 12 Football Projected Win Totals

11-1. I think TCU will be strong and compete well in the new version of the Big 12 like we did in the MWC and CUSA, where we had a slight to complete talent advantage over the programs that couldn't draw strong talent either due to their remote locations or their being vastly overshadowed by...
  8. W

First Black TCU or SWC cheerleader...great story

I give TCU credit for owning its role during the Jim Crow era and I think it will serve us well in athletics. Alot of universities, especially in the south and southeast, gloss over this and try to obfuscate and/or forget their roles in this ugly era. That Ron Hurdle was ELECTED cheerleader...
  9. W

FWST: Ex-TCU defensive coordinator concerned about NIL, said players asked for money

Payola for college football players has fairly quietly existed since the very early days of the game. NIL just put it into the public spotlight and amped it up considerably. Now, people I know are now entering the fray and dishing out dough. Our justice system has ruled on this and it is now...
  10. W

B1G and SEC begin the process of ditching the NCAA

Everybody in the SEC/B10 is going to move closer to mediocrity (or worse) over time as their competition drastically amps up. I bet most Nebraska fans long for their days in the old Big 12. I predict that OU will follow in the Huskers' footsteps in the SEC and lay an egg over time. However, if...
  11. W

Looking to try new Fort Worth tex mex place

Yes, those twin sisters ran a good operation and were easy on the eyes too.
  12. W

Yes they did, and the Original adopted the Puffy Taco/Nacho shells from Caro's right after Caro's/Bluebonnet Circle closed along with the wonderful and very hot green salsa that accompanies the puffy tacos. Robert "Butch" Self, Original's owner of about 20 years, has done a great job. Without...
  13. W

I get what you're saying about their not always being open. Their staff consists primarily of family members and they've struggled to make it with some health issues among them. They're really nice folks and have been more open than closed recently. Their food is excellent- hand prepared and...
  14. W

As I recall, the first and now only Caro's is in Rio Grande City- up US83 a bit from McAllen..
  15. W

Season tickets

A guy with tickets next to mine started selling and the usual buyers were opponents' fans as somebody started inviting him to sit in their box. I told him I would buy his tickets at gate prices and he wasn't interested except for the early season warmup games. He could profit in nearly all B12...