• The KillerFrogs

Recent content by Old Purple

1. O

The Greatness of Linda Kaye

Linda and I ate regularly at Dos Gringos. Her home was a museum: TCU, Rangers, Click and Clack, Hopalong Cassidy and menorahs. Although Jewish, she had the highest grade ever recorded in the Life and Teachings of Jesus. I loved her personal stories of athletes. She bought Nolan Ryan’s Lincoln...
  2. O

Who is the best Texas h.s. player you ever saw?

I saw the game with my father. Never saw another game to compare with it. I saw the game with my father. Agree with Limp—but I think it was Lee’s Linus Baer who was injured at the all star game in Ft. Worth.
  3. O

FCS championship

Yes. It’s North Dakota State that’s usually in the game.
  4. O

Bane!!

He was second on minutes last night, had the game clinching three pointer and a key assist in the last minute.
  5. O

2022 Recruiting Thread

His sister graduated from TCU and went to Auburn for graduate school, Vet school I think.
  6. O

FWST: Are two-sport athletes in college sports extinct? This TCU target doesn’t think so

I remember that on Boo’s long run against UT,“Super Bill” Bradley had the angle to tackle him, but Boo smoked him and wasn’t touched. A real shame that Ross and Boo were seldom healthy at the same time.
  7. O

FWST: Are two-sport athletes in college sports extinct? This TCU target doesn’t think so

I remember the headline in the Skiff after the Wogs beat the UT freshmen: “Even Boo with the Flu Flew.” Norm had fever and gained over 100 yards on two carries.
  8. O

He could have starred in football. He was great in high school. Without weight training Mickey was 6’5” and weighed 255. He was the fastest player on the basketball team and was an all-conference, left- handed pitcher on the baseball team. An incredible, natural athlete.
  9. O

McCarty played baseball and basketball. He didn’t play football at TCU, but Hank Steam drafted him for the Kansas City Chiefs. Mickey was a large kick returner.
  10. O

Quick! Can you name all 23 Varsity Sports we're in?

For some reason I don’t think rifle counts. We do have equestrian.
  11. O

St. Paul Pioneer-Press: Doctson, Cousins hope to revive chemistry with Vikings

The Vikings plan to run the ball with Delvin Cook. Cousins says that Josh is also a good blocker.
  12. O

St. Paul Pioneer-Press: Doctson, Cousins hope to revive chemistry with Vikings

I saw interviews with Cousins and Doctson. Doctson said he held off on other offers, hoping to reunite with Cousins and get back in purple. Cousins seemed really excited. He talked about Doctson high pointing the ball, then added that he’s more than a one trick pony. He can run slants, come...
  13. O

2020 Recruiting Thread

I don’t think he’s ever seen the campus. I doubt he’d commit sight unseen.
  14. O

New basketball commit- Mickey Pearson

When Johnny Swaim was interviewed before the tournament, he was asked what his team’s greatest weakness was. He said it was lack of height. When asked what the greatest strength was, he smiled and said “rebounding”.
  15. O

Coach Cross leaving

We had 3 recruits signed for 2 slots. Then 4 of our players entered the transfer portal.