• The KillerFrogs

Recent content by jack the weed

1. jack the weed

Ponying Up: SMU embarks on $100 million football stadium upgrade

20 bucks to park on his front yard or he breaks your antenna.
  2. jack the weed

OT - Movies thread

Yep, what are the odds of that?
  3. jack the weed

OT - Movies thread

Bit off topic but I came across this photo of Gene Hackman on fb. Time does move along. One of the great ones.
  4. jack the weed

General Bowl Games Conversation

Come on Cincy. I’m tired of Netflix. Need a ballgame.
  5. jack the weed

SMU equipment truck stuck

Trying to picture Patterson late to the ballgame, stuck on a turnpike between low bridges with no way out.
  6. jack the weed

OT: Bankruptcy Lawyer

I’m sorry for your troubles Showtime.
  7. jack the weed

OT - Movies thread

I didn't. I may have to "circle back around" as the press secretary might say.
  8. jack the weed

OT - Movies thread

I don't think anyone missed the Simple Simon political inferences. Bottom line, when I see Streep and DiCaprio on the marquee of what is promoted as political satire I fairly well know what to expect and set my expectations accordingly. Oh and Shatner and the piranha tank still cracks me up...
  9. jack the weed

OT - Movies thread

Kubrick was asked why he cast Sellers in so many roles for the movie and his reply was, "Everywhere you turn there is some version of Peter Sellers holding the fate of the world in his hands." One of my favorite quotes about two brilliant people.
  10. jack the weed

OT - Movies thread

It wasn’t too bad or I wouldn’t have sat through it. Don’t like a bunch of politics in my entertainment no matter the bent. Maybe a shot or two more attempted on the right overall but as the movie is an Idiocracy spoof as much as anything it was easy to draw current administration parallels...
  11. jack the weed

OT - Movies thread

I enjoyed it. Some bad reviews from the no fun crowd. I’m glad I watched it.
  12. jack the weed

Gator Bowl cancelled. Aggie don't want to play WF

Wondered the same thing. Branching out maybe. Bowl games seem a less reliable business model lol.
  13. jack the weed

Gator Bowl cancelled. Aggie don't want to play WF

Talk at Surly and Texags are no refunds for aggy fans per Vividseats. They bought tickets to an event, not an aggy game.
  14. jack the weed

OT - Movies thread

A little slow around here this holiday season. Dusted off The Pledge with Jack Nicholson yesterday. Directed by Sean Penn with his usual bleak noir but an old favorite of mine that did not do well at the box office. Also, watched a documentary called The Alpinist. A well done film about a...