• The KillerFrogs

Recent content by froginmn

1. froginmn

What happened to "Eight"

2. froginmn

2025 Recruiting Thread

I'm going to say that if he is or was a UT target he's a good get.
  3. froginmn

247 Sports: Three-star defensive tackle Floyd Guidry III commits to TCU

That's when he got offers from Aggie, UT, and LSU.
  4. froginmn

What happened to "Eight"

I think you're half the poster he is, Four Oaks.
  5. froginmn

FWST: TCU basketball is still better off than Pitt, but Jamie Dixon must find this piece

Wow I didn't realize just how bad Pitt has been without CJD. They went to the tournament 11 times in his 13 seasons, and have been there once in the eight years since he left.
  6. froginmn

GoFrogs: TCU Baseball at OSU Series Preview

And womens basketball's miss steps.
  7. froginmn

SEC Commissioner: Screw the little guy, they don't deserve tourney autobids (Oakland says hi)

Tough for the ACC to go to 18 if the other conferences take their schools...
  8. froginmn

FWST: How Utah State embarrassed TCU, sending Horned Frogs home from NCAA tournament

OK, then why don't you show your math? What do we get for what level of investment? In the last three years we've had an NCG appearance in football, a trip to Omaha in baseball, and three appearances in the NCAA tournament in basketball. What more should we spend, and what will we get?
  9. froginmn

NCAA Tournament

Ummm, isn't it obvious that our lack of a 7'4" 2x player of the year makes a difference in that regard?
  10. froginmn

FWST: Jamie Dixon’s tenure at TCU is shaping up like his time at Pittsburgh

I don't think it was the worst or all that close to it. But we'd won a total of 8 Big 12 games in the four years prior. CJD did an excellent job to bring us to respectability so quickly. He's kept us very consistent without having a "great" year, which might be to his detriment from a fan...
  11. froginmn

FWST: How Utah State embarrassed TCU, sending Horned Frogs home from NCAA tournament

And Utah State just lost by 40 to Purdue. I'm quite sure our fans' assessment of tips season wouldn't have been better if we'd have won game one and then lost by 40.
  12. froginmn

What happened to "Eight"

fify
  13. froginmn

FWST: TCU basketball sits at a crossroad after demoralizing NCAA Tournament loss to Utah State

I'm just asking the question because I live 1,000 miles away. I'll take your word for it that the arena is excellent; having watched games (on TV) at numerous other arenas it looks to me as though there are a lot tougher places to play than our arena...
  14. froginmn

Wut? They have 12 tournament appearances in 17 years and numerous years as a 3 seed or better, plus a beautiful new arena. Their history gives them a reputation that benefits them at seeding time. We're building, but we're not equal to them yet.