The Digital Purge

2. F

Jake Arrieta retires

3. F

OT:Will Smith Punches Chris Rock at Oscars

OJ channeling some old Chris Rock…
  4. F

I didn’t watch a minute of the show or pre show. But it’s a pop culture moment like Janet’s wardrobe malfunction or Miley’s twerking … neither of which I watched live, either. As pompous and arrogant as much of Hollywood is, it’s kinda funny watching their biggest night turn into an episode of...
  5. F

Is this podcast where the Will Smith crying meme came from? I haven’t seen the interview … but I feel like that meme has been around for like a year or so now.
  6. F

I was gonna say the same thing … Gervais said “worse” stuff as the host of the Globes. But then … this seemed to start because Jada can’t take a joke about her hair loss. Will Smith was laughing at first … until he saw her pissed off. Just based on what’s floated around in the last day on...
  7. F

Doubtful. The videos are over social media.
  8. F

Will Smith was even laughing at the joke … until he saw her reaction. Then he had to go do something about it. Which was …. a slap.
  9. F

OT - Movies thread

I really liked CODA, as well. I wasn’t quite sure I would early on. There’s some convenient set ups in the story and it’s not necessarily hard to predict where it may be leading …. but it builds to the coda, if you will, so well that it’s hard to not to enjoy it. Just a really well-executed...
  10. F

OT - Movies thread

The Tender Bar - Accurately-named, it’s a pretty easy watch with a gentle touch from director George Clooney … but the story is a bit light, and the editing a little curious. It feels like there was a longer movie intended that got cut down and could’ve been pieced together better. Solid...
  11. F

OT - Movies thread

Licorice Pizza … not entirely sure what to make of this film. Critics like it a lot more than I did … not all that uncommon with Paul Thomas Anderson films. Some have described it as “authentic”, and maybe some of it feels that way, as many of the characters are based on real people, and many...