• The KillerFrogs

Recent content by Bruin Steve

1. B

Uhhh...Dixon to UCLA rumor/ news

I'll try to keep this one short...though I could give you the detailed explanation. 1) I addressed the 1981 probation--it had to do with his cosigning those car loans. 2) Sam Gilbert was NEVER indicted for anything. His son was...and over a deal that had nothing to do with UCLA. It was a...
  2. B

Okay...Just a reminder on what Pitt did regarding their oversized buyout when Jamie wanted to come to TCU. Read: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/15035722/jamie-dixon-leaving-pittsburgh-panthers-take-tcu-horned-frogs-job
  3. B

I'm not sure where all this sort of stuff comes from but... First of all, California does NOT have any unusual "budget issues"... When Jerry Brown took office in 2011, he inherited a $27 billion deficit from Schwarzenegger...and proceeded to better than balance the budget EVERY year of his two...
  4. B

Of course...they did a thorough job...You wouldn't want to hire a coach, then find out you could have had someone you thought was untouchable. How would you feel if TCU hires a coach...then later you learn that, say, Mark Few wanted the job--but your AD never even called him? Famously, back...
  5. B

Sure...But I'd rather give a complete and thoughtful answer and leave you the choice of whether to read it in full, merely skim it...or to disregard it entirely. Nothing compels you to read everything I--or anyone else--writes...
  6. B

I am happy with it. I think Jamie is a very good coach, has a reasonably good resume and seems to be a pretty good guy. I think he will do very well at UCLA...and will comfortably fit into the environment. A lot of those who are unhappy with the hire were really not going to be happy with...
  7. B

I know some of you won't read this (I know, because it is too long) but I'll post it anyway for those of you who might like to know the truth. Most of what you read nowadays regarding Sam Gilbert is unfounded speculation...The myth has grown way out of proportion due to a lot of jealous folks...
  8. B

I guess I can take a stab at why one negotiates the buy-out clause. First, the caveat that I have no idea how this one is written...and, likely, no one else here has seen it either. But, it might be written in several ways that don't make it an absolute single payment number. You don't have a...
  9. B

LawFrog asked why UCLA wants him... I guess I can address that. People at UCLA have always had a warm spot for Jamie. A lot of folks here liked Howland's coaching--his style of play, his tenacious defense, etc. What wore thin in the end was his difficult personality and poor interpersonal...
  10. B

Just to update this for anyone up this late: The most credible reporter I've seen posing on this so far. Dixon to UCLA by Friday is now being reported by a very credible source out here on the West Coast--Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News...one of the top print media sportswriters in the...
  11. B

I guess I can share this much with you guys: In UCLA circles, nobody seems to be really sure what’s happening. There were reports earlier this evening that it was Cronin. Done deal. As everyone started buying in, then another poster with alleged inside sources said “not so fast”...and reports...
  12. B

Heavy: Jamie Dixon UCLA Rumors: Will TCU Coach Leave for Bruins?

Hello, my Frog friends... I have been lurking on here a bit today...just out of curiosity. I really don't know whether Jamie Dixon might end up at UCLA or not. I just know a lot of the same rumors as everyone else. It would make sense to me that almost any coach securely positioned at his...