• The KillerFrogs

TCU picked number 11 in the country

Gunner

They only went thru 25 teams and of course, Tech was not to be found. My guess they belong at about number 46. That's pretty high, tho?

The only homer call they made, and it is rediculous, is that the Aggies finish #6. :rolleyes: What? That's pretty funny. They play Baylor in Waco, and I doubt they get past that. That'll put 'em down in the low 50's....

Oh, sorry, that was Texas Football Magazine's pick.

SuperToad

They only went thru 25 teams and of course, Tech was not to be found. My guess they belong at about number 46. That's pretty high, tho?

The only homer call they made, and it is rediculous, is that the Aggies finish #6. :rolleyes: What? That's pretty funny. They play Baylor in Waco, and I doubt they get past that. That'll put 'em down in the low 50's....

I dont understand what people are seeing in A&M. Especially after they got whacked by LSU in the Cotton Bowl.

Top 25, yes.
Top 10, NO

Limp Lizard

Wonder who the aggie qb will be after this season. Probably someone new, and he will be hyped to holy hell the next summer. Etc., etc.

jake102

Hmmm my top 10 off the top of my head.... I guess I would put Aggie at #8. They could easily be Top 5, but also easily be 20-25

1) Oklahoma
2) Arkansas
3) Oregon
4) Donkey State
5) Bama
6) Wisconsin
7) LSU
8) Aggie
9) Notre Dame
10) TCU

Stiff Arm Frog

I will never understand how the Aggies manage to squander all those talented players. Talent runs through College Station like [Craig James] through a goose.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
I dont understand what people are seeing in A&M. Especially after they got whacked by LSU in the Cotton Bowl.

Top 25, yes.
Top 10, NO

Talent is one component. But they have 19 Returning Starters.

They had a good year last year and that many starters returning will get you a lot of early attention.

asleep003

We are most likely in this rebuilding year somewhere between 8-4 and 10--2... due to a moderate schedule.

Not a top 10 team now, with 9 to 10 returning starters. Thinking Poinsetta Bowl/LV bowl at very best.

If we grow together before a couple of losses, could end up top 25... top 10 for 4th year in a row is not probable.

Cheers!

SuperToad

Talent is one component. But they have 19 Returning Starters.

They had a good year last year and that many starters returning will get you a lot of early attention.

Yes but that talent also didn't have a top ten performance last year. Not even a top 25. Now they are #6? Sorry, not buying it.

YCBJ Frog

Hmmm my top 10 off the top of my head.... I guess I would put Aggie at #8. They could easily be Top 5, but also easily be 20-25

1) Oklahoma
2) Arkansas
3) Oregon
4) Donkey State
5) Bama
6) Wisconsin
7) LSU
8) Aggie
9) Notre Dame
10) TCU

Arkansas? No Florida State? No Stanford?

Your top 10 sucks.

Gunner

Granny Emma could come up with a better top 10 than that.

TCU's run will likely come down to how fast Pachall can develop. Forgotten is, he' had a third spring training and is a little more experienced than thought. Problem is playing time.

The odds against are pretty big, but he is a talented player. If he gets by the first 2 games, watch out for the TCU offense. They got everything except an experienced QB.

One other factor, as presented by this amatuer pronosticator, is that Pachall will be surrounded by some super players, especially of the playmaking variety...

I'd run the option 26 times against Baylor. Get those backs some perimeter room.

jack the frog

Hate to say it but aggies are going to look good in a very average big12. Maybe OU can stop them but anyone else?
If they blow up it will be because they choked. One can hope.
Fans who were not around 20 years ago are going to get a nasty taste of just how obnoxious aggies can be and why it is important that they always lose.

:tongue:

McFroggin

We are most likely in this rebuilding year somewhere between 8-4 and 10--2... due to a moderate schedule.

Not a top 10 team now, with 9 to 10 returning starters. Thinking Poinsetta Bowl/LV bowl at very best.

If we grow together before a couple of losses, could end up top 25... top 10 for 4th year in a row is not probable.

Cheers!

I think we could just as easily be 12-0 as 8-4. We have a solid group of replacements coming in. If QB learns quick, we roll.

jake102

[quote name='you_can't_be_joking' timestamp='1308462378' post='855030']
Arkansas? No Florida State? No Stanford?

Your top 10 sucks.
[/quote]

Florida State was over rated last year, and they lost Ponder who was the #14 pick or something.

Stanford lost almost more people than we did. They would probably be my #11 in this list. I struggled with putting them or us at #10.

Arkansas is going to be very good. I have a friend that has a lot of knowledge of Arkansas football and he says that Tyler Wilson is going to be better than Mallett.

Frog DJ

Ken was quite the sports fan, but even he'll admit his prognostication abilities were suspect, at best.

I talked to him just a few months ago, and those of you who are geezers and remember Ken & Granny on KLIF and KNUS will be interested to know he and Dottie are doing very well, and are raising their grandson, very happily.

Ken Dowe remains one of the giants of Texas radio.

Go Frogs!

YCBJ Frog

Florida State was over rated last year, and they lost Ponder who was the #14 pick or something.

Stanford lost almost more people than we did. They would probably be my #11 in this list. I struggled with putting them or us at #10.

Arkansas is going to be very good. I have a friend that has a lot of knowledge of Arkansas football and he says that Tyler Wilson is going to be better than Mallett.

Florida State has a ton of returning starters, including QB EJ Manuel who has a bowl MVP (can't remember which one... Gator or something else mid-level), and played a ton in the Peach Bowl against South Carolina, which they won. I think they will give OU a hell of a game on 9/17 in Tallahassee.

Stanford has a Heisman trophy candidate QB, a continuing system despite losing their head coach, and their only challenge is Oregon, which they have at home. If they can win that game, they will be Pac-12 North champs and will crush whoever comes out of the South (USC is inelegible so it'll probably be Arizona St or Utah). Either way, they will have 1 loss at the most and SHOULD be in a BCS bowl (they don't travel worth a [Craig James] so they may get passed over if Oregon isn't in the title game, which would send them to the Rose).

Arkansas will finish third in the SEC West, at best. They have to play in Tuscaloosa and in Baton Rouge. They also have a neutral site game against A&M, as well as hosting the SEC East champs South Carolina who may have the best RB in the SEC. My bet is they lose at least 2 of those 4, but there's no way in hell they make it through all of those undefeated as you clearly expect from a #2 ranking.

goldenfrog

TCU's run will likely come down to how fast Pachall can develop. Forgotten is, he' had a third spring training and is a little more experienced than thought. Problem is playing time.

The odds against are pretty big, but he is a talented player. If he gets by the first 2 games, watch out for the TCU offense. They got everything except an experienced QB.

One other factor, as presented by this amatuer pronosticator, is that Pachall will be surrounded by some super players, especially of the playmaking variety...

I'd run the option 26 times against Baylor. Get those backs some perimeter room.

Um. We don't have an experienced OL either

jake102

so they may get passed over if Oregon isn't in the title game, which would send them to the Rose).

Arkansas will finish third in the SEC West, at best. They have to play in Tuscaloosa and in Baton Rouge. They also have a neutral site game against A&M, as well as hosting the SEC East champs South Carolina who may have the best RB in the SEC. My bet is they lose at least 2 of those 4, but there's no way in hell they make it through all of those undefeated as you clearly expect from a #2 ranking.

I watched that Peach Bowl game against South Carolina, both teams looked awful. They should be good, but not elite.

Stanford could easily be very good... but I'm not seeing it right now. A new coach is tough.

Somebody in the SEC has to finish finish either #1 or #2, who do you think it will be? Bama, LSU?

YCBJ Frog

I watched that Peach Bowl game against South Carolina, both teams looked awful. They should be good, but not elite.

Stanford could easily be very good... but I'm not seeing it right now. A new coach is tough.

Somebody in the SEC has to finish finish either #1 or #2, who do you think it will be? Bama, LSU?

With LSU as my second favorite team, it pains me to say this but I think Alabama will win the West. I think they are two evenly matched teams and the game being in Tuscaloosa will push it in Alabama's favor--it should be a great one though. I think LSU finishes 2nd, but Arkansas has had their number a few times in the past several years. Either way, there's no way they go in to both Baton Rouge and Tuscaloosa and win, and I would bet they will also lose in Arlington to A&M the weak after going to Tuscaloosa or they drop the game to South Carolina. I think they have at least 2 but probably 3 losses by the end of the year. If they manage to beat LSU and lose to Bama, they will probably finish 2nd in the SEC West.

Edit: I just realized you asked about the SEC, not just the West. I think Alabama goes on to play Georgia in the SEC Championship and gets another BCS-NCG berth. SEC-West 2nd place will get a BCS bid like Arkansas did to the Sugar Bowl last year. My bet is:

-Alabama to BCS-NCG in New Orleans
-Georgia to Capital One Bowl
-LSU to Sugar Bowl
-Arkansas to Cotton Bowl
(nobody cares after that)