• The KillerFrogs

Sooners got your back on the Wisconsin fiasco.

kentbell23

[font="'Comic Sans MS"]Yet they still bring up the size of our stadium. It will be full and loud and that is all that matters. Deal with it.[/font]

West Coast Johnny

Why is Wisconsin even discussing this? There is a reason why ADs stay mum on ongoing contract negotiations. Hey D1 football, if Wisconsin wants a game, you better accept it or else they will call you out as being chicken [Craig James] on radio, and it doesn't matter if the contract terms favor them. They should just shut their pie-hole about on going contract negotiations.

SF Husky

TCU did absolutely the right thing by turning this offer down. No way should TCU playing any 1 and done with Wisky. They should come to Fort Worth first and then go to Wisky later. It should be a home and home or at a neutral site like Jerry's world. Each school can keep its own gate revenue so Wisky should not be crying.

UCONN signed home and home with Michigan and Tenn. We got a 40K stadium. Our AD did not go for 10 game series with ND with our home games at a nearby NFL stadium, why should TCU go for 1 and done?

Kaiser

You guys are programmed to look for the negative aren't you?

Pretty much. Every article must laud TCU. Otherwise they are just haters.

But with the stadium size issue, how does TCU having a small stadium effect the earning potential of the visiting team? Don't we keep all our money from home games and they get to keep all the money from when we visit their 90k seat stadium in a home & home deal.

SoonerBredCD

Pretty much. Every article must laud TCU. Otherwise they are just haters.

But with the stadium size issue, how does TCU having a small stadium effect the earning potential of the visiting team? Don't we keep all our money from home games and they get to keep all the money from when we visit their 90k seat stadium in a home & home deal.

Not sure about the home & home. Usually the host school has to pay the visiting school something. This is why FCS schools are willing to play visitor to teams that will ultimately beat them by 60+.

Horned Toad

SoonerbredCD,

OU is one of the few teams that will man up with TCU and give us a home and home before we became an AQ team. I appreciate that and really respect OU for it. Looking forward to the 2012 game here in our new stadium. I think most TCU fans feel that way.

roddog

Banned
Not sure about the home & home. Usually the host school has to pay the visiting school something. This is why FCS schools are willing to play visitor to teams that will ultimately beat them by 60+.

those louisiana directional schools are notorious for taking their beating, saying thank you may we have our check now so we can go home!

Frog89

The Wisconsin Coach's quote is what gets me. He says TCU 'wasn't as excited about it" as if to imply we were scared to play them. That's about as chicken s as you can get, especially when you are talking about TCU having to cancel a game with Baylor to accommodate. I think in the end, the OU thread represents the majority opinion, now that the facts are out. Wisconsin coach's reaction to this is pretty lame, and I think everyone sees it.

Glad OU is coming to Ft. Worth. I've never really known Stoops to back away from anyone. And I'm pretty sure if we did beat OU again next year, they wouldn't be trying to shoe horn a quick return game the following year in Norman to try to prove something. Unlike Wisconsin, the OU program and history stands on it's own. A loss to TCU wouldn't send them into a tail spin and they certainly wouldn't need to spin some fake TCU dodge the next year to try to validate themselves afterwards. Good for them.

curt3301

I HATE zero u but they were all on our side (and right) in this wisconsin crap storm. As is most of the media. There will always be a few ignorant haters.

HFrog1999

OU's been good to TCU through the years by being willing to play fair with TCU. I used to respect Tech. But you know how they are now.

froginaustin

But these FCS games are one-and-dones, so the visiting teams have to be paid to fund their teams.

I have the impression that in typical home-and-homes the visitor may get a relatively small payment to cover travel expenses, but that the gate part of the big payday comes from the home game. So the "stadium is too small" argument is a red herring for a home-and-home contract, particularly if the TV money is divided between both programs.

If I'm wrong someone that knows what s/he's talking about might correct me. If "gdu" was lurking, he certainly would. :biggrin:

roddog

Banned
A loss to TCU wouldn't send them into a tail spin and they certainly wouldn't need to spin some fake TCU dodge the next year to try to validate themselves afterwards. Good for them.

im guessing you werent in norman on sept 3rd 2005 when fans were threatening to burn down the stadium and demanding stoopes be fired, i was, and it wasnt pretty